ET Max overheating bad construction?

A lot of talk on ET Max's overheating, so I inspected. As expected, poor thermal pad installation. The center of the pad is not making contact with the frame. This is a serious issue if you are seeing high controller temps. I will be installing thermal paste and removing the small brass studs to rectify this problem. Stay safe, kings.

Its from facebook tech info: 453199644_2274232822936850_8243200545187

1 minute ago, Finn Bjerke said:

A lot of talk on ET Max's overheating, so I inspected. As expected, poor thermal pad installation. The center of the pad is not making contact with the frame. This is a serious issue if you are seeing high controller temps. I will be installing thermal paste and removing the small brass studs to rectify this problem. Stay safe, kings.

from 

Heath Lewis 

I've checked my logs and haven't been over 41C for controller temp. It seems this problem is hit or miss for the ET Max but is relatively easy and cheap to remedy luckily for those that have high controller temperature in their logs.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I've got a new et max and it basically does the overheat alarm (beeping while tilting back further and further)

But it does not show high temps. It did it at 28c, 35c, 39c.... did it at 25 mph and at 0mph. 

Battery voltages seem fine.

Updated firmware and fully charged it and now it just does the beep but totally random beep here and there... no tiltback.

Also after full night on the charger it only displays 90%

2 hours ago, IGABenjamin said:

I've got a new et max and it basically does the overheat alarm (beeping while tilting back further and further)

But it does not show high temps. It did it at 28c, 35c, 39c.... did it at 25 mph and at 0mph. 

Battery voltages seem fine.

Updated firmware and fully charged it and now it just does the beep but totally random beep here and there... no tiltback.

Also after full night on the charger it only displays 90%

Are you sure it's the overheat alarm? Maybe it is some battery warning?

What is the voltage when you see 90% charge?