Extreme Bull Commander Max

16 minutes ago, Duster said:

Haha. Learn to identify a joke, or at least lookup colloquial terms.

"taking an L," means to accept a Loss among western young adults, so Leaperkim coming out with the Sherman L is kinda like them saying "Our new wheel is a Loss. Please buy it for $4,500 USD."  Likewise, "Getting the W," means earning a Win. So, I think EB's lack of creativity and blatant copycat-ism led to a missed opportunity to be self aware and maybe pull a cheeky joke over Leaperkim, especially if they price it right and sell a bunch.

Also, kinda wild that you are claiming "Commander L" isn't a name, when we've got "Sherman L" as a name too... What's your logic here?

Oh, and the term "hater" can be serious or not serious. By the fact that I am complimenting the wheel's design, and that I wish EB actually made a funny diss towards Leaperkim, I believed it was implied that I don't take brand loyalty seriously..... But either you do, or you hate that I called out your nitpicking in the Sherman thread?

Now, could we keep this on-topic about the wheel and what it does for the community, please?

No brand loyalty but you only own LeaperKim wheels?

Are they really going with the name "Bison" for this? I think this wheel deserves some kind of industrial/cyborg-kinda-name. Bison is lame

Even something simple like "Commander Ace" or something stupid like that would be better

Commander Rapture

Rapter Commander

etc

Edited by BKW

1 hour ago, onewheelkoregro said:

No brand loyalty but you only own LeaperKim wheels?

Yes. There's a difference. I buy what I need, based off my own research and reviews. Based on that, I've had my Sherman wheels, and with the reviews suggesting confidence in the Begode falcon, I'll eventually add it to my collection, after a couple batches. So, yeah. Don't count your "gotcha!" chickens before they hatch, okay?

But back to the point, what are your thoughts on the Commander L?

30 minutes ago, BKW said:

Are they really going with the name "Bison" for this? I think this wheel deserves some kind of industrial/cyborg-kinda-name. Bison is lame

Even something simple like "Commander Ace" or something stupid like that would be better

Commander Rapture

Rapter Commander

etc

I agree. Naming wheels with a coherent theme would be a nice character-add to the Commander line of wheels. Personally, I'd like "Commander Assault," as it has a military/battle-type theme. It'd be suggesting it's capable of tackling any terrain. That kind of thematic naming could make the whole EB line feel like a comprehensive fleet, so to speak.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think LK and Begode/Extreme Bull are in cahoots. The release dates of similar-style competitor wheels are a little too suspicious.

1 hour ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Just pointing things out. There was a facebook poll and Bison was in the lead but they stuck with Commander L. I was really hoping they would've went with the Supreme Commander. Lol

Kim Jong-un Lost Weight. No One Knows How or Why. - The New York Times

Understood.

Also, that's hilarious! That wasn't an option in the poll, was it?

Come to think of it, what were the other options? I kinda wish someone jokingly suggested "Commander W." It would've been historic if that name was crowdsourced after the announcement of the Sherman L!

44 minutes ago, BKW said:

I'm starting to think LK and Begode/Extreme Bull are in cahoots. The release dates of similar-style competitor wheels are a little too suspicious.

Right? Its wild to me that these wheels go into development for months and then come out with thematically similar designs/purposes. For example, the 16" Extreme, Patton, and Commander Mini, and then the ET Max, Lynx, and GT Pro (the Griffin is kind of late to the party). I believe each of the companies may either intentionally or unintentionally (through leaks within the industry) coordinate the categories they seek to fill, just so that the market has some cohesion to it.

I mean, think about it. Imagine if the Commander L came out at the same time as the Lynx and ET Max. It wouldn't be discussed as much, with every reviewer focusing on comparing the Lynx and ET Max (again, the EB Griffin missed out on this wave).  Right now, we've got the F22, Sherman L, and the Commander L taking up the zeitgeist together. All this attention this gives to the long-range (F22 is more like the Lynx, but still), 20" segment of the market makes us more likely to consider buying any one of them.

I think the three/two companies are better off continuing this trend. They're keeping this niche market active!

19 minutes ago, Duster said:

Understood.

Also, that's hilarious! That wasn't an option in the poll, was it?

Come to think of it, what were the other options? I kinda wish someone jokingly suggested "Commander W." It would've been historic if that name was crowdsourced after the announcement of the Sherman L!

I don't remember but there were like 8 or 9 options in the Electric Unicycle .org fb group. But Supreme Commander was an option. I believe I was the only one to vote for it lol

Edited by onewheelkoregro
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I don't remember but there were like 8 or 9 options in the Electric Unicycle .org fb group. But Supreme Commander was an option. I believe I was the only one to vote for it lol

Lmao! that's amazing! Both that they had it as an option and you voted for it. Nice!

Almost makes me want to use Facebook again.... Almost.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BKW said:

Commander Rapture

Rapter Commander

etc

They are keeping Commander L. Thank God, no chatgpt names. They were all mostly terrible... 

• Upvote 2

• WheelGoodTime changed the title to Extreme Bull Commander Max

I spoke with Milli about the motor selection. The standard motor will be a C40 and for a small upgrade fee you can order it with the C36 Tile motor from the ET Max. All the pictures we are seeing so far are with the Tile motor. I'm very curious the difference in freespin between the C40 and C36 Tile motor.

They are still making the last bit of selections on the suspension before they release the final specs sheet. She said they will start shipping in mid September.

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I spoke with Milli about the motor selection. The standard motor will be a C40 and for a small upgrade fee you can order it with the C36 Tile motor from the ET Max. All the pictures we are seeing so far are with the Tile motor. I'm very curious the difference in freespin between the C40 and C36 Tile motor.

They are still making the last bit of selections on the suspension before they release the final specs sheet. She said they will start shipping in mid September.

Hopefully they will release two different firmwares for each motor type. With the GT Pro, they released it with only one FW between the C38 and C40 motors, and then they made a different firmware for the C40 version which "corrected" the speed inflation on that one from 24% to 18%ish. However they didn't tweak any of the firmware to utilize the different motors differently or more efficiently. I envision that with such a difference between the 4000w non-tile and 4500w tile motor that they could eke out more power on the 4500w version if they tried to do that. Will they? Hard to say...

On 7/27/2024 at 2:42 AM, YCC said:

Commander Max

Back to a chatgpt generated name again. It's not even the Max in specs, as the GT pro+ is already the superior wheel.... 

Edited by Ronin Ryder

4 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Back to a chatgpt generated name again. It's not even the Max in specs, as the GT pro+ is already the superior wheel.... 

It’s a series of Commander.

“Commander” (2021)

“Commander” Pro (2022)

“Commander” Mini (2023)

“Commander” Max (2024)

However, “Commander GT” is another series product line as you mentioned, which “Commander GT” is a category name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Commander L was great because it makes clear which wheel it competes with. Let's see what this ends up being called.

Extreme Bull came up with wheels such as the X-Men. How many were sold?

Then they decided on a copycat marketing approach. 

Sherman Max => Commander 

Sherman-S  =>   Commander Pro

Patton => Commander Mini

Commander GT:  How many were sold?

Commander Pro Max: How many were sold?

Commander GT Pro: Jury is still out. (Sister wheel of the ET Max)

And now, with

Commander Max.

People would have do some digging to find out what it is, should those who want to know.

Where as with Commander-L, we all knew what that was.

Edited by techyiam

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

4800 Wh battery. 

Wasn't this a built-to-order wheel and not actually production IIRC? I think there's only a couple units out there in the wild.

Honestly, I could go with Commander Elite. The wheel reminds me of a car called the Elite, from an old game, Burnout Revenge, and it was the car you got for completing the game.

image.thumb.jpeg.bb94fc957280a73690604b1ac8e240f6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

If you can't beat them, join them.

Hydraulic suspension is close or identical to what LK has been using, yes? Also magnesium for the shells etc... Not a bad thing, it is specwise identical to the L and also comes with a Smart BMS. Only thing left they have to prove is the suspension and firmware, or the controller in general. If all goes well it is a serious competitor for the L, especially if it launches at a considerably lower price, which should be possible for EB.

They are probably missing the hall sensorless feature the L has though.

• Upvote 1