Leaperkim Sherman L 151V 4000wh 20" 102lbs

1 hour ago, onkeldanuel said:

Has anyone here also experience with mounting an sherman S-Motor into a lynx for example? Sounds interesting and am courious about the difference to the lynx motor..

Sherman S motor is more "speed oriented". You can travel at higher speeds with lower PWM. But you lose torque.

(Just what I heard)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Between my SS and Lynx, I generally ride faster on the SS. 

That's interesting. 

Were those speeds away from their top speeds? What were the speeds?

That's 100V vs 151.2 V?

Was it stability related, or something else? 

5 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Between my SS and Lynx, I generally ride faster on the SS. 

I ride faster on my Lynx, the increased power margin and dynamic tiltback makes me push it way harder and feeling safer.

15 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I ride faster on my Lynx, the increased power margin and dynamic tiltback makes me push it way harder and feeling safer.

That makes logical sense to me, but I own neither wheels. 

He must have his reasons.

I few reasons, firstly I usually go on rides 60km-90km in distance, the SS has range so I can push it faster the whole trip, no range anxiety. Secondly I actually feel more stable on the SS, not that my Lynx is unstable, but just the way it is, I know the SS like the back of my hand. . I won’t be surprised that when my L shows up, I’ll ride it consistently more than the Lynx. 

Edited by Skampster
  • Like 3

Something tells me the speed gains from putting a Sherman S motor into the Sherman L will remain a racing-oriented modification. Manufacturer's make their wheels to serve specific purposes, and I think Leaperkim intends their wheels to be all-rounders. So if that means the SL doesn't have the highest speed, but can maintain 40+ confidently, in the face of hills and bumps, that's likely their intention.

I could still see this motor swap or rewinding modification as a thing speed lovers and tinkerers find worth the time and money. It's like car people putting a LS engines in Honda Civics: it's fun and wild that such a thing is possible, and it brings variety into the enthusiasts scene.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

Has anyone here also experience with mounting an sherman S-Motor into a lynx for example?

several guys at Russia ride on this one. Lynx w/ SS motor has more than 140kmph free spin. And it's allow to ride above 100kmph w/o HS mode. But lose torque 1.5 times.

photo_2024-07-02_21-32-50.thumb.jpg.a38c929cd23886d1a1de74add5fa1942.jpg

But one guy 120kg has two time cuts off. His lynx have reached a battery power limits. Integrated defense was switched on.

Edited by Taras
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Taras said:

several guys at Russia ride on this one. Lynx w/ SS motor has more than 140kmph free spin. And it's allow to ride above 100kmph w/o HS mode. But lose torque 1.5 times.

But one guy 120kg has two time cuts off. His lynx have reached a battery power limits. Integrated defense was switched on.

It has cut out? That's scary...

What are the typical places you and other riders have ridden above 100kph? Was it a high speed limit road? Was it a race track? Basically, I am curious where the motor swap brings the greatest benefit.

7 hours ago, Taras said:

25kw is pretty impressive!

Also app has strange calculation for average speed: 488m in 34 seconds doesn't give you 39.9km/h average speed, it's 51.7km/h

16 hours ago, padluka said:

Also app has strange calculation for average speed: 488m in 34 seconds doesn't give you 39.9km/h average speed, it's 51.7km/h

Most likely a calibration error or some kind of spike. 25kw would roast the controller.

On 7/26/2024 at 3:56 PM, padluka said:

This app has 2 average speeds. 1st is overall, and 2nd is only when riding, stops doesn't calculated. With time property is the same case. There's 2 different times: overall and when riding. And we can see overall average speed but only time when riding. This properties is tunable by customer. I don't know why he choose this properties. But there's no error.

Edited by Taras

On 7/26/2024 at 12:52 PM, Duster said:

I am curious where the motor swap brings the greatest benefit.

I'm not sure that we can call it "benefit". That's so crazy anyway for my opinion. I know 2 crazy guys. One just only try to ride over 100kmph several times. He want to know that he can ride this speed safely. If we can call it "safely" again. And 2nd guy from SaintPetersburg ride over 100kmph very often at city street, where official max speed limit is only 60kmph. I don't agree to ride so fast in the city. Also this 2nd guy rides on race tracks. And got 1st places too. But I don't know he used SS motor or ordinary Lynx.

3 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Big thanks to Eevee's for letting me demo their Sherman L. It was a blast :)

Thanks for that, it was a good conversation. Mine arrives in 6 weeks or so. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Taras said:

I'm not sure that we can call it "benefit". That's so crazy anyway for my opinion. I know 2 crazy guys. One just only try to ride over 100kmph several times. He want to know that he can ride this speed safely. If we can call it "safely" again. And 2nd guy from SaintPetersburg ride over 100kmph very often at city street, where official max speed limit is only 60kmph. I don't agree to ride so fast in the city. Also this 2nd guy rides on race tracks. And got 1st places too. But I don't know he used SS motor or ordinary Lynx.

If the Lynx or SL could be ridden with the SS motor without any technical issues, then I guess we could call it a top speed benefit and range(?) benefit. I've wondered about how easy motor swaps are, considering the may either be connector or calibration differences from model to model. From what it sounds like, it's not as straightforward as just swapping motors. I'll ptobably not be able to make the swap, which I'm okay with.

Realistically who's going to ride at 100kmh+ real speed on these wheels? 0.1% of riders who probably would be better off with a motorcycle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Will the Sherman L have the exact same 90mm Clearance like the Lynx , so it stays impossible to mount an 90/90 tire? I assume so, its the same Motor and Motorbrackets, right? 

5 hours ago, Duster said:

If the Lynx or SL could be ridden with the SS motor without any technical issues, then I guess we could call it a top speed benefit and range(?) benefit. I've wondered about how easy motor swaps are, considering the may either be connector or calibration differences from model to model. From what it sounds like, it's not as straightforward as just swapping motors. I'll ptobably not be able to make the swap, which I'm okay with.

why would it be a range benefit? that's not how anything works. if anything the range would be worse, since the controller has to run more phase amps to the higher kv motor.

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Realistically who's going to ride at 100kmh+ real speed on these wheels? 0.1% of riders who probably would be better off with a motorcycle.

Honestly hopefully no one. Been wondering at what point are these wheels fast/powerful enough for the riders who constantly want more speed and power. 100kmh? 120kmh? How fast do you realistically want to go on a single tire, considering that stability starts quickly waning after a certain point and the chances of it being a wrap for the rider if a crash happens also increases very sharply above a certain speed.

Probably would be better off with more safety features. I mean more power also means that the risk of the wheel cutting off due to overpowering is also lower, but we are closing in on a point where it would be beneficial to limit the top speed. Not sure though how that would be achieved due to the nature of the vehicle, but would be worth exploring.

We are slowly getting there though. The hall sensor redundancy is a good start, but I don't really expect that EUCs will ever be 100% safe from technical issues. Issue currently is that most technical issues cause you to land on your face currently.

1 hour ago, Anthraksi said:

Honestly hopefully no one. Been wondering at what point are these wheels fast/powerful enough for the riders who constantly want more speed and power. 100kmh? 120kmh? How fast do you realistically want to go on a single tire, considering that stability starts quickly waning after a certain point and the chances of it being a wrap for the rider if a crash happens also increases very sharply above a certain speed.

Probably would be better off with more safety features. I mean more power also means that the risk of the wheel cutting off due to overpowering is also lower, but we are closing in on a point where it would be beneficial to limit the top speed. Not sure though how that would be achieved due to the nature of the vehicle, but would be worth exploring.

We are slowly getting there though. The hall sensor redundancy is a good start, but I don't really expect that EUCs will ever be 100% safe from technical issues. Issue currently is that most technical issues cause you to land on your face currently.

Honestly having more power available in a wheel is a safety feature in and of itself. I don't know about anyone who has cutout on an ET Max from overpowering it yet, and generally people are only hitting about 50% PWM with a full battery while going 60ish mph (wheel speed, GPS 52ish?). The more power available, the bigger safety margin. The question is. How much is "good enough"? I've hit PWM beeps with 85% battery while accelerating ultra-hard on my lynx at around 5-15 mph, but was unable to do so with 168v EUCs.

My personal comfort zone for riding rests at around 42-45 mph maximum before things start to feel sketchy, in which case the only way to further increase stability is by increasing tire diameter for more gyroscopic stability.

Manufacturers have essentially reached the end of the "voltage wars" because the market doesn't want 130+ lbs EUCs with 200v+ if they are able to achieve their desired performance goals with something smaller and more portable. After all. It's called "micro"mobility for a reason 😀

Now that we have basically reached the end of the voltage wars, manufacturers need to find other means to attract sales. That takes the form of better waterproofing, more safety features, general quality of life improvements, and better build quality/durability. LK is leading the charge with all those "other" things, and it's resonating with the EUC market - LK just can't (or won't? But that's another discussion...) keep up with the high demand 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Anthraksi said:

May be controversial, but I think a safety feature could be the rider wears something around the wrist. After a certain speed, it starts buzzing at you to let you know you need to ease off. But the more you push it and especially at really low PWM values where cutout is imminent, it will deliver a shock. The higher the risk, the more powerful the shock. :w00t2:

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Honestly having more power available in a wheel is a safety feature in and of itself. I don't know about anyone who has cutout on an ET Max from overpowering it yet, and generally people are only hitting about 50% PWM with a full battery while going 60ish mph (wheel speed, GPS 52ish?). The more power available, the bigger safety margin. The question is. How much is "good enough"? I've hit PWM beeps with 85% battery while accelerating ultra-hard on my lynx at around 5-15 mph, but was unable to do so with 168v EUCs.

My personal comfort zone for riding rests at around 42-45 mph maximum before things start to feel sketchy, in which case the only way to further increase stability is by increasing tire diameter for more gyroscopic stability.

Manufacturers have essentially reached the end of the "voltage wars" because the market doesn't want 130+ lbs EUCs with 200v+ if they are able to achieve their desired performance goals with something smaller and more portable. After all. It's called "micro"mobility for a reason 😀

Now that we have basically reached the end of the voltage wars, manufacturers need to find other means to attract sales. That takes the form of better waterproofing, more safety features, general quality of life improvements, and better build quality/durability. LK is leading the charge with all those "other" things, and it's resonating with the EUC market - LK just can't (or won't? But that's another discussion...) keep up with the high demand 🙂

I know, but despite them stacking the voltage higher, there is no escaping the limitations of current batteries. Low enough charge and you still run the risk of overpowering it, no matter if you ride a 168v wheel. Still gotta pay attention to the beeps and PWM readouts. I mean sure it lets you go faster for longer, but every single wheel reaches a point where the power is extremely limited due to the battery having low charge. I mean you could solve it yourself by not riding below 20%, but even at 20% you probably start hitting PWM beeps pretty easily.

I don't really like riding above 60kmh (or 37mph), since it quickly starts to feel sketchy after that point even on a Sherman S. You got the wind pushing you, turning requires more effort and sudden gusts of wind start to pose a real threat at that point. Plus the battery drains insanely fast at higher speeds.

21 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

May be controversial, but I think a safety feature could be the rider wears something around the wrist. After a certain speed, it starts buzzing at you to let you know you need to ease off. But the more you push it and especially at really low PWM values where cutout is imminent, it will deliver a shock. The higher the risk, the more powerful the shock. :w00t2:

I mean you can probably already setup a smart watch to give you notifications by vibrating if you exceed a certain PWM %. Just mute every other notification before you go for a ride and you always know what it is if you feel the watch vibrating on your wrist. Would think this is more reliable than the beeps cause I can't really hear them that well at higher speeds with the wind whistling in my ears. I have my tiltback set at 70kmh and I can't hear the beeps most of the time before it tilts back.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tan Ho said:

That’s exactly what probably many, including myself, think would be a necessary safety accessory going forward. The wrist device should deliver haptic feedback to the rider who can’t hear much at high speeds. Where the hell did you came with the shock thing? This isn’t a S&M sex accessory 😹