Upgrading chinesium bolts on ET Max? Size?

Ill get et max in a month or so, does anybody know the size of the many small chinesium bolts used in this, wheel? 

Id like to purchase some  etter bolts since YouTube prophet  tells the bolts are weak

I wonder why many riders go speeding on a wheel with weak ass bolts? Why not upgrade that *hit first? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

I wonder why many riders go speeding on a wheel with weak ass bolts? Why not upgrade that *hit first? 

EUC manufacturers like cheaping out in any way they can to save a buck. That's why half the wheels on the market are made with Chinesium bolts and screws.

Posted (edited)

Seems like hostility to me. Look into Chinas history and understand better.

But does anyone what botls to me buy?   This is a fast machine .... Some info here about screw heads but can anyone detect the size of em from the video?

Edited by Finn Bjerke

Sometimes a seemingly flimsy attachment or bolt can seem like cheaping out, but don't be so quick to judge. The bolts that Begode used might be made to break away in an accident so as not to damage sensitive components.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Listen, US nuts/bolts manufacturers. Make your nuts/bolts and export them to China so EUCs can have better nuts/bolts. Is that possible or even probable? So EUCs riders can stop bitching!!!:efef77eaf5:

Edited by Scubadragonsan

• 3 weeks later...

This is about dimension of bolts in order to upgrade to decent quality from the start your comment about bitching is not overly helpfull or relevant for that matter.   Mor e info here: 

Edited by Finn Bjerke

On 8/29/2024 at 7:48 PM, Scubadragonsan said:

Listen, US nuts/bolts manufacturers. Make your nuts/bolts and export them to China so EUCs can have better nuts/bolts. Is that possible or even probable? So EUCs riders can stop bitching!!!:efef77eaf5:

China produces high quality bolts. It is about the quality choice of the EUC manufacturers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aztek said:

China produces high quality bolts. It is about the quality choice of the EUC manufacturers.

This topic had been covered by Bob Yan, when he was still the CEO of Inmotion. 

He explained that because the production volumes are so small, it hasn't been financially feasible to source from top tier suppliers. 

59 minutes ago, techyiam said:

This topic had been covered by Bob Yan, when he was still the CEO of Inmotion. 

He explained that because the production volumes are so small, it hasn't been financially feasible to source from top tier suppliers. 

I wish the manufacturers would copy something like pinball manufacturers and sell a premium version of their models for an extra few hundred dollars with premium nuts and bolts etc and everything has been quality controlled with all torque ratings confirmed along with orange thread lock used. 

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

The bolts' quality and price would matter really in a high volume production. The wheels are expensive for what they are, there's no way to convince me that for this prices they need to cut corners with the quality. It is absurd. I've seen the same with other expensive Chinese machines too.

It is simple - when one gives 5-20 000 euro for some machine, it is normal to expect quality materials in them. 

I have seen plastic selfdestroying within months with no obvious reason in Chinese machine I've paid over 15000 euro for. A plastic part which crumbles to pieces due to the obviously low quality of material. Same part which the producer sells as spare for 1500 euro. Simply ridiculous.

Edited by Aztek

Does anyone have a good online source in the US or elsewhere where we can purchase *high-quality* bolts and screws for our wheels?

It would really help the community if someone could create a spreadsheet or table of reliable, trustworthy hardware sources that actually have the replacements we need for various wheels.

My local suppliers did not have replacement bolts for my S22P, and they weren't very knowledgeable about the composition of the bolts they did sell. The big-box corporate stores like Home Depot and Lowes rarely have anything we need. Grainger.com is better but is hit or miss (mostly).

I think it is more constructive to find solutions and focus less on complaining, although completely justified.

Edited by litewave

McMaster Carr is a safe bet for such hardware but I suspect the whole endeavour to be mostly pointless.

The OG video speaks of stripped screws while showing a perfectly good threads on their sample.

image.png.f115652becf550294e409ecb14b78e3b.png

If stripping is actually happening its likely not the screws/bolts but the parts with the female threads. That or the hamfisted "mechanics".

Edited by mmk
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2024 at 10:12 AM, mmk said:

McMaster Carr is a safe bet for such hardware but I suspect the whole endeavour to be mostly pointless.

The OG video speaks of stripped screws while showing a perfectly good threads on their sample.

image.png.f115652becf550294e409ecb14b78e3b.png

If stripping is actually happening its likely not the screws/bolts but the parts with the female threads. That or the hamfisted "mechanics".

Luckily, I have only had issues with the S22 motor and suspension flat-head screw heads rounding out - no stripping as yet.

Thanks for the McMaster-Carr link.

• Like 1