11 minutes ago, corn said:

Spray the interior of the mud guard with some canned rubber for the noise. That's not really a mod

And what good will that do? After week of riding that rubber will be gone. From kicked/rubbed rocks. :D 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

Taking it off leaves the plastic flapping around in the back, hence I deemed it integral to the wheel. The mudguard can be unscrewed from the bar to give another 1mm of clearance at the bridge point, but the lack of any guard will likely leave the taillight exposed to rock kick-ups. 
Maybe a tpu bumper or rubber/plastic flap extension under the taillight like the mten4 has would suffice.  I'm not into modifying my wheels though, so just take my observations as you see fit.
image.thumb.jpeg.3e8ec38ef7479fb7ac5eefab4da6be79.jpeg

Can't you buy 2 nuts and screws them between wheel/mudguard? Or are those screws too short to re-fasten the mudguard onto wheel?

Simply put something betwheen wheel/mudguard to move it outwards - if it's possible. (If those screws are too short - you can buy those "long" nuts and simply add longer screws tread.) Original screws tread from mudguard > long nut > extended screw tread.

Never mind - notice only now - it's the kickstands... It fasten from sides right? Then you can simply make like a staircase extension from some metal. Screw one side into mudguard - other side into wheel. (Bridge like extension.) Moving whole kickstands 1inch outwards.. You will have plenty space then - as much space you want. :D 

Untitled.png

Edited by Funky

9 hours ago, Funky said:

And what good will that do? After week of riding that rubber will be gone. From kicked/rubbed rocks. :D 

Can you put sticky thin neopream foam in there? That might help.

I was looking forward to this wheel too it might be worthy successor to mten4. What about you @funky mten5 and falcon are so close. But with this issue falcon is better buy, its 500 dollar difference too i think

5 hours ago, kintips said:

Can you put sticky thin neopream foam in there? That might help.

I was looking forward to this wheel too it might be worthy successor to mten4. What about you @funky mten5 and falcon are so close. But with this issue falcon is better buy, its 500 dollar difference too i think

Mten5 tire diameter is way, way to small.. Falcon has at least suspension and 16" tire . (Going by old 16x2.125" size wheels.)

Also Mten5 trolley is a bad joke.

Edited by Funky

3 hours ago, Funky said:

Mten5 tire diameter is way, way to small.. Falcon has at least suspension and 16" tire . (Going by old 16x2.125" size wheels.)

Also Mten5 trolley is a bad joke.

All begode had to do was lock it in. Magnets nice touch. And add spin kill button on a lift handle

regarding the tire on the falcon isnt it 15inches? Ewheels shows the tire 14inches? Because i was looking for a knobby just in case i dont like the street

32 minutes ago, kintips said:

All begode had to do was lock it in. Magnets nice touch. And add spin kill button on a lift handle

regarding the tire on the falcon isnt it 15inches? Ewheels shows the tire 14inches? Because i was looking for a knobby just in case i dont like the street

10" 14" 15" 16"... It's real diameter is 40-41Cm - that's what counts.

You need to look for 10" - Rim size. 14"/15" is the marketing. The 3.5" tire width makes it 14/15".

Posted (edited)

Update: so, I found that the mudguard is not the source of the problem.

per suggestions I tried 2 scenarios:

-adding 0.006” rubber tape strips under the fender (which rubbed the tire instantly)

-completely removing the piece, rode on my driveway for 10 seconds and the noise was still there.

The noise is emanating from the underbody, where there is a channel cutout for the tire to barely rotate without touching.. this is where the small gravel pieces are accumulating and juggling around. 

To me it feels like a change in tire/motor selection was made after machining the body parts and it was a cheap fix to accommodate the new size🤷 but tbh such small tolerance was unnecessary to begin with.

IMG_4055.jpeg

Edited by slippyfeet
  • Upvote 1

I almost bought an MTen5 last night, but found a deal on an MCM5 that was too good to pass up. $425 shipped for a used 800wh v1 with a wide tire installed. So the superior torque of the v1 with the wide tire of the v2.

Only obvious damage was the clear top shell part missing, the part that covers the top LED/RGB lights.

It still hurts a bit to have to wait to try the MTen5 for 1-2 months or more, but I'm guessing the MCM 5 will approximate the performance of the MTen5 pretty well with its 1500 watt motor.

And I'm guessing the 14" tire on the MCM5 will be a lot better for accident avoidance on unexpected big bumps and ruts, even though the MTen5 has a better light for night riding.

Offroad probably no comparison with the MCM5 coming out on top.

Riding my old MCM 3 the other night was so fun I just had to find out how much more fun the MCM 5 might be.

But the MTen 5 still might be the most fun wheel of all.

With some of the money saved I bought my first 125mm roller blades:

Edited by Esash
  • Upvote 1

The MTEN5 is almost too long now, length wise its almost like a falcon, height/weight is the only thing going for it. I wished they kept it like the mten4, highlight was the portability. Its almost like a regular wheel i might was well just ride my 16x. I heard they made it bigger for people who found the MTEN4 hard to ride, more stable hence the big pedals. I've never had a problem with riding Mten4. 

10 minutes ago, kintips said:

The MTEN5 is almost too long now, length wise its almost like a falcon, height/weight is the only thing going for it. I wished they kept it like the mten4, highlight was the portability. Its almost like a regular wheel i might was well just ride my 16x. I heard they made it bigger for people who found the MTEN4 hard to ride, more stable hence the big pedals. I've never had a problem with riding Mten4. 

Size wise it isn't even far from Falcon.. When i saw it first time - i thought to myself, who and why would wanna buy this over Falcon. Only thing Mten5 has is somewhat better carry handle and way better lift switch. But everything else is right-out worse.. 5kg more and you get all metal build, suspension, and bigger proper tire.. 

6 minutes ago, kintips said:

the weight makes it a lot more stable too. I think it's like a pocket Tesla. Definitelys seems like almost a different series of wheel than a MTen though.

I hope they keep making the MTen4 because that seems to fill a separate category, being like 13 pounds lighter.

1 minute ago, Funky said:

Size wise it isn't even far from Falcon.. When i saw it first time - i thought to myself, who and why would wanna buy this over Falcon. Only thing Mten5 has is somewhat better carry handle and way better lift switch. But everything else is right-out worse.. 5kg more and you get all metal build, suspension, and bigger proper tire.. 

I suspect the performance is better on the MTen5. and MTen5 fits weight wise right in the middle of the MTen4 and the Falcon. 12-13 pound difference from each. Very very much distinct from either of those wheels.

I suspect there's some magic in the new "tile" motor in the MTen5. Makes me really excited to see the T4 Max videos at some point soon, as that has a tile motor too.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Begode is filling in all the gaps in smaller wheel size/weight/performance, so probably just a matter of months before they crank out a perfect wheel for you.

With the Falcon, I think maybe we've seen that fat tire plus suspension on such a small wheel is really a bit of overkill.

Maybe Begode will put out a Falcon like suspension wheel with a skinnier tire, or a Falcon like wheel with no suspension and let the fat tire suffice.

Edited by Esash

7 minutes ago, Funky said:

What's your opinion of the MCM5?

5 minutes ago, Esash said:

What's your opinion of the MCM5?

Old/Small/Great Wheel. Not just for me.. I want fat/big tire. 18x3" would be preferred (Falcon without suspension and 18x3" tire.) 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 11:44 AM, Esash said:

the weight makes it a lot more stable too. I think it's like a pocket Tesla. Definitelys seems like almost a different series of wheel than a MTen though.

I hope they keep making the MTen4 because that seems to fill a separate category, being like 13 pounds lighter.

I heard they will probably stop producing the MTEN4, which is sad. Because its not like you can find a MTEN3 that often now unless its used. I guess we MTEN4 riders will have to wait for MTEN6, if my MTEN4 ever dies i will probably just not replace it till they make one similar.

As @funky has said there is no point. I feel the same way. I think they are trying to please too many crowds. eg making it more stable for big riders.... but BIG riders don't even like the MTEN4 they usually find it too squirrely, plus they probably ride a Sherman and won't buy those small wheels anyways.

On 8/1/2024 at 11:44 AM, Funky said:

Yeah the same, its taking forever for my falcon to come in. I'll probably the rare person that likes the street tire lol. Since i love my MTEN4 don't find it squirrely at all. 

I can ride that thing close to the max with no wobbles and can create a nice gyro effect, lol. But at high speeds that knobby tire is sooo loud like a motorbike.

52 minutes ago, kintips said:

I heard they will probably stop producing the MTEN4, which is sad. Because its not like you can find a MTEN3 that often now unless its used. I guess we MTEN4 riders will have to wait for MTEN6, if my MTEN4 ever dies i will probably just not replace it till they make one similar.

As @funky has said there is no point. I feel the same way. I think they are trying to please too many crowds. eg making it more stable for big riders.... but BIG riders don't even like the MTEN4 they usually find it too squirrely, plus they probably ride a Sherman and won't buy those small wheels anyways.

I'd say if you love the Mten4, and continue to love it after you get your falcon, then keep an eye out for a used mten4 or a sale on new mten4 as time goes on.  Also check AliExpress, i think they still sell mten3s.

I just got a used mcm5 for 350+ 75 shipping/tax, and if I really really like it i could see myself looking out for a similar deal on one, just to have parts. If your mten 4 breaks it's probably just one part away from working, and an extra wheel is a whole set of parts at worst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kintips said:

plus they probably ride a Sherman and won't buy those small wheels anyways.

I have a Sherman and an m10-4. Love them both they have different use cases. 
I popped around to a few stores today on one of them and the other night went for a 90km ride with a mix of roads, bike paths and light off roading. I bet you can guess which wheel I picked for each ride. 🤣

9 hours ago, Funky said:

I likie and people move out of my way themselves. :)

Yup thats the highlight they look back and be like "wtf is that lol" i get all the looks on the mten4 because its so tiny

8 hours ago, Esash said:

I'd say if you love the Mten4, and continue to love it after you get your falcon, then keep an eye out for a used mten4 or a sale on new mten4 as time goes on.  Also check AliExpress, i think they still sell mten3s.

I just got a used mcm5 for 350+ 75 shipping/tax, and if I really really like it i could see myself looking out for a similar deal on one, just to have parts. If your mten 4 breaks it's probably just one part away from working, and an extra wheel is a whole set of parts at worst.

Yeah good idea. I hope begode is like well the mten5 didnt sell well lets make it smaller and better. For mten6

I wish they would just do a survey be like would you buy this? This mten5 if if was the same as the falcon without suspension? Lol :efee612b4b:

Or would you buy it if it was same size mten4 better bigger battery 50s cells, hollow motor weighs slightly less but now has trolley handle u dont need to buy seperately. 

I watched an older video from a Swedish EUC shop, and he ranked the MTen3, MTen4, A2, and the MCM5.

He ranked them like this:

1) MTen3

2) MCM5

3) MTen4

4) A2

I wonder how he would insert this new MTen5 into that ranking... But I'm feeling great about my $350 +$50+$25 = $425 MCM5 find.

I had a reservation for getting an MTen5 wheel in this first batch that has already docked.