What would be your ideal EUC?

I'm bored and haven't wrote here in a while, so just for fun:

What would be your ideal EUC? List all the features and specs you'd like. Tell us why

• 14- or 16-inch rim
  • 2.5" to 3.5" knobby
  • Progressive suspension
  • Waterproof (IPX-rated)
  • +/- 2000 Wh battery
  • < 70 lbs. (< 32 kg)
  • 70 km/h top speed (45 km/h cruising)
  • Smart BMS 
  • Aesthetically pleasing
Edited by macgyvercanada

- 12 inch rim (best motor-tire-size-ratio aka highest torque)
- 3 inch wide knobby tire
- fork-style/hydraulic suspension (like on the Lynx, preferably progressive, 100mm travel)
- 32s2p battery - but arranged as 4 packs in the corners with only one layer of batteries (thin chassis and good cooling), with 50S cells: 1200Wh, maybe even 40T and therefore only 960 Wh for higher power
- <30kg (should be doable)
- flat sides with velcro
- high torque motor, min. 50 kph
- waterproof, smart BMS, center handle like on the V10 (removable trolley, lift switch) but with optional extra grab handles front and back, proper front&rear light, (small) screen
- motor removable with 8 bolts and quick-disconnect of the cable

aka the ultimate slow&technical trail machine with a few features to make it usable as a commuter

• Upvote 1

Hmmm. Lemme think about this, cuz I think it'd be a mix between the Sherman S and the Lynx

-20"

-3.5" hybrid tire, something between the Heidenau K66 and the Chao Yang H626, as I don't like the k66's center split)

-150v system, with a 3600wh battery

-Comprehensive BMS (individual cell info, and option to limit charge to only 80%)

-3200w motor (if I'm recalling the Lynx's motor)

-130mm oil shocks with progressive springs

-Magnesium body

-IP68

-Turn signals, with a three-button setup at the top of the display (left, off, right)

-Good headlight, with a tail light that only indicates stopping (no auto turn signals)

-Sherman S-style trolley handle (I find it works best for seat and suspension compatibility, especially after the refreshed handle design)

-Built-in speaker, placed in the seat, with an AVAS system

-Cylindrical vertical bars on the body, mounted like those on the Commander mini, to allow custom attachments like on the OG Sherman.

-Lynx-like bumpers, so that the cylindrical handles can also facilitate customization

-Pedals with the proper spikes, and angle adjustable

-I'd get the nylonove pads myself

-All this at or below 100lbs would be nice

• Like 2

EUC 20 kgs no suspension
waterproof
16 inch tire
2000 watt motor
autonomy 80 kms
max speed 30 km/h
interchangeable battery or integrated charger
circuit breaker button under carrying handle
integrated inflatable pump
seat
speakers

Edited by varamontelo

integrated inflatable pump

Now that is a really interesting idea but it would add a lot of bulk.  Also, if you have a flat tire the integrated pump isn't necessarily going to fix why you have a flat tire...

Edited by macgyvercanada
  • Like 1

Fat tire 12 (16in) with low center of gravity. I don't even care about suspension really if it's nice and lightweight and fat enough tire like 3.5-4in. 134v system maybe?  

Adjustable pedal height. I ride roads only and so I don't need high pedals that make the wheel super twitchy and tire out the legs.

Trolley handle and seat please. 

An alternative to the above would be a lightweight suspension system and a regular 2.5-3.0in wire tire as well as low center of gravity and adjustable pedal height.

Here's a big one... SMALLER BEARINGS.

Larger bearings fail earlier. Fragile axles don't require a leap in bearing size, just add a few millimeters and that's it. Get the best out of two worlds instead of replacing one problem with another.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

An alternative to the above would be a lightweight suspension system and a regular 2.5-3.0in wire tire as well as low center of gravity and adjustable pedal height.

If they keep building wheels that stand up to offroad abuse, they'll never become lightweight. So after thinking a bit, I don't think that adjustable pedal height is the solution. It'll still be an offroad wheel used on the road.

You know how the old Gotways used to get so much critisizm for their terrible fragile shells. Turns out that if you don't crash them they're not that bad. :D So I'm fine with less crash protection.

27 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

So a road specific suspension wheel is the way forward I think. Think sportsbike vs adventure in the field of motorcycles.

+1

I also like to adjustable pedal height, but also adjustable suspension travel.

Except that it would be more analogous to adventure bikes as to standard street bikes. R6's aren't that practical.

I wouldn't ask for a street tire necessarily. What I care more about the tire is that the tire would facilitate the wheel to ride the best, and get good traction on asphalt in the rain and over wet leaves / foliage in the Autumn.

In addition, headlight, taillight and turn signals and a horn would be a priority, instead of an afterthought.

IP67 would be a good target to meet.

Yes, put in a clock too.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Commander Mini x Lynx

16"

3000wh+

150v+

SmartBMS

Leaperkim style progressive suspension

Lightweight materials (magnesium alloy) (<35kg)

80km/h+

Bluetooth speakers

Built-in handles/rollcage

Waterproof

Comes in a purple colour variant lol

Edited by Frolic0415

45 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

16"

80km/h+

You already ride a Commander Mini; are you that comfortable and happy with it at 80+ kmh speeds?

If you are, which tire do you have on it?

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

You already ride a Commander Mini; are you that comfortable and happy with it at 80+ kmh speeds?

If you are, which tire do you have on it?

Well as it turns out EB/Begode wheels read 10+kph higher than what they're actually going at high speeds, so wheel speed I've hit 83kph but it's closer to 73kph GPS. Having a version of a Mini that can go 80+ GPS is the dream

But yes, I'm very comfortable at those speeds and wish it could do more as it gets to top speeds very quickly. Running the stock street tire which is basically a semi-slick.

Edited by Frolic0415
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

But yes, I'm very comfortable at those speeds and wish it could do more as it gets to top speeds very quickly. Running the stock street tire which is basically a semi-slick.

I understand about the displayed speed is less than the GPS speed. But even so, at those speeds, many riders don't feel comfortable on a 16" wheel.

Having said that, I actually feel stable on my V12 at an indicated speed of 70 km/h. Funny thing is, before I lowered my suspension height of my S22, my V12 did not feel less stable then my S22. My V12 does move around more over bumps, but it still feel stable, and I feel comfortable at those speeds on it.

Thanks for your input. It's good to know that the Commander Mini can be a stable wheel at higher speeds.

• Like 1

I've heard a lot of riders say that, but I find 16" wheels a lot more comfortable and controllable than the bigger diameter wheels even at high speeds. I had a V12 as well and would do 70+ each time I rode it, hit 74 once and it started to pedal dip but could ride it at 70-72kph for kilometres without issue.

Sub ~20kg.

16/18" wheel. (12/14" rim.)

Sub ~1000Wh

Top speed 45km/h (Or more..)

Amazing centered carry handle that has built in lift button. Carry handle needs to be hard fixed in EUC body, nothing loose that can break over time. Also good trolley handle.

Waterproof Ip67.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What about a Falcon with a 12" rim, 134V (slightly taller battery packs) and 80-100mm suspension travel? Begode wouldn't have to change a lot and it could be the lighter, higher quality alternative to the T4 :D

• Like 2

S22 with Master motor and controller.
And better sliders.

So in other words. 35-40 kg wheel 20 inch tire. 14cm suspension travel. Strong motor and controller (not like s22) but s22 firmware for jumping. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rider1 said:

What about a Falcon with a 12" rim, 134V (slightly taller battery packs) and 80-100mm suspension travel? Begode wouldn't have to change a lot and it could be the lighter, higher quality alternative to the T4 :D

Sadly at which point it will be 30-35kg wheel by then.. :D If they can only increase wheel size i'm for it. They could add a centered carry handle with built it lift button. That would be more welcomed change in my eyes. :)

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Sadly at which point it will be 30-35kg wheel by then.. :D If they can only increase wheel size i'm for it. They could add a centered carry handle with built it lift button. That would be more welcomed change in my eyes. :)

Well, larger (but narrower) tire (+1kg), more batteries (+1kg), but a bit less metal (-1.5kg) where it's not needed and it won't be much heavier :) 

29 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

Well, larger (but narrower) tire (+1kg), more batteries (+1kg), but a bit less metal (-1.5kg) where it's not needed and it won't be much heavier :) 

How can it have less metal? If it will be needing bigger battery cases and what not. Same for space for bigger tire. Overall taller build.

I see it only getting heavier, be only 3-5kg heavier, but it still is added weight. :D 

25 minutes ago, Funky said:

How can it have less metal? If it will be needing bigger battery cases and what not. Same for space for bigger tire. Overall taller build.

I see it only getting heavier, be only 3-5kg heavier, but it still is added weight. :D 

Well, I don't think a fully structural metal body is necessary, only some rugged bumpers (which are then easily replaceable) and the rest made from durable plastic/thinner metal. I find 3,5" a bit on the wide side, I'd prefer a slimmer tire similar to the KS16X or V11 (which are still very wide compared to the 2.125" on my KS16).

Ok maybe my weight listing was a bit optimistic, but hey, we can still dream, right? :D

• Like 1