My Falcon Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

58 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

I saw a Falcon breakdown on YouTube performed by the Begode team.
It seems to be the same basic design as the Master V4, which I have torn down to change tires twice.
The first time I did the wheel tear down was not hard, but it was challenging the first round. The second tire change was significantly easier.
Fight Velcro is always a PITA.

I fixed a flat for my Vegas trip, and an hour into the Vegas Blue Diamond ride, I got another flat. :(

I left a tire tool in the tire between the tire and the tube, which pierced the tube after a couple of small drops.
Doh!
I couldn't believe I did that...What a knucklehead.
btw: we are expecting our Falcon to be delivered today with the off-road or knobby tire.

I just checked youtube for Master tire change.. Falcon suspension "cups" are put on axle from side.. You can't slide it out like that.

It's possible ONLY if the cups come with motor. Yes it looks similar, but the thing that hold onto axle itself is different. (That's why i wanted to know if it's possible to unscrew around pedals and simply pull out motor.) :) To me it looks like it's possible.. You would need to remove the pedal holder itself first, so you can slide of those 2 "shinny" guiding rails..

4:05 Time you can see what i'm talking about.. Only those 2 rods are in the way of sliding motor out. (Ofc wire also.) Or do the suspension "cup" hold onto the suspension itself by tightening those side screws..?

Perfect would be if you can disconnect motor wire from board and screw around pedals and simply lift batteries, board, suspension away.. (Whole euc body.)

Edited by Funky

20 minutes ago, Funky said:

Emm i think you Quoted wrong guy second time. :D I don't Have V14 and will never have any of those big wheels. :D 

Twice, is this a sign that you need to get one?

3 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

Twice, is this a sign that you need to get one?

Nah.. I personally want a 20kg wheel. After having 27kg wheel for 3 years.

1 minute ago, Funky said:

Nah.. I personally want a 20kg wheel. After having 27kg wheel for 3 years.

Is it mainly the weight or size of the wheel?
I feel like I can go faster on my Master on the road but lack nimbleness, whereas on the Inmotion V14, I feel more nimble.
Both have the default tire configuration, the all-season tire on the Master, and the knobby on the Adventure.
I had figured this feeling or perception was due to wheel size, as they weigh nearly the same.

Master = 20 x 2.75 inches
Adventure = 18 x 3 inches

35 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

Is it mainly the weight or size of the wheel?
I feel like I can go faster on my Master on the road but lack nimbleness, whereas on the Inmotion V14, I feel more nimble.
Both have the default tire configuration, the all-season tire on the Master, and the knobby on the Adventure.
I had figured this feeling or perception was due to wheel size, as they weigh nearly the same.

Master = 20 x 2.75 inches
Adventure = 18 x 3 inches

Carrying weight - i don't care about wheel weight while riding it... :D 

Anyways let's not go off-topic. (People hate it, so i have heard..) :sleep1: I'm thinking about Falcon - because it's the "lightest" new wheel out there. Aside from A2.. (My dream wheel would be 18x3", very strong axle, ~1000Wh, no suspension.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Carrying weight - i don't care about wheel weight while riding it... :D 

Anyways let's not go off-topic. (People hate it, so i have heard..) :sleep1: I'm thinking about Falcon - because it's the "lightest" new wheel out there. Aside from A2.. (My dream wheel would be 18x3", very strong axle, ~1000Wh, no suspension.)

We will have ours today unless FedEx mucks it up.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 4:17 AM, Ben Kim said:

Yeah then your rim will be a goopy mess on the inside when it comes time to change tires, and it’s not easy to clean up. Perhaps you don’t ride enough on a single wheel for that to be an issue? 

If slime was such a godsend you’d see it in car tires, motorcycle tires, but you don’t. 

I changed one tire that had too many Slimes fixes (looks like Slime had sealed >20 punctures). Slight mess but nothing to have a stroke about.

I guess Slime is a placebo that has zero value :D

Great video! Really shows how much Begode has improved! 

I've sold my S16pro few days ago and I miss that wheel so much, but after seeing how capable falcon is, I think it will be my next wheel... 

Light, powerful, great suspension, 50kmh speed, good quality. I guess only downside is the range.

I'm back on my old trusty msx for now. Really important for me is carrying the thing upstairs and for the falcon I guess some kind of custom hand bar can easily can be installed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chaky said:

Light

Medium*

4 hours ago, Chaky said:

Really important for me is carrying the thing upstairs and for the falcon I guess some kind of custom hand bar can easily can be installed. 

I'm thinking about installing a "strap" around middle orange bar of trolley handle. And adding some kind bar at the end of strap = centered carry handle.

People with 3D printers could go crazy.. Also could install lift button on said handle running some wires by side and inside wheel.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chaky said:

Great video! Really shows how much Begode has improved! 

I've sold my S16pro few days ago and I miss that wheel so much, but after seeing how capable falcon is, I think it will be my next wheel... 

Light, powerful, great suspension, 50kmh speed, good quality. I guess only downside is the range.

I'm back on my old trusty msx for now. Really important for me is carrying the thing upstairs and for the falcon I guess some kind of custom hand bar can easily can be installed. 

Why did you sell the S16?

4 hours ago, Chaky said:

Wanted to sell the msx but no one wanted it. I don't have enough room in my small apartment for two wheels and I could never get over the fact that msx has more range, with 10kg less. It is also more nimble and with lower pedal height it's much more convenient for frequent start-stop situations around the town. (90% of my use case). Braking is much sharper on msx. On top of that, I still need to cary the wheel on third floor upstairs and msx I can cary with one hand. 

But, there are so many thing that S16pro is doing so well that I really miss it. Stability and acceleration from 35-50kmh is so effortless and smooth on top of all those already mentioned positives. LED lights and speakers are not my thing but it didn't bother me.

I wanted to sell the msx but buddy from the local group asked if I would sell S16pro and I said yes.

:crying:

Just the fact that this was not a clear choice should tell the manufacturers they are heading in the wrong direction on the commuter side of the spectrum. Something about those old "suitcase" wheels just worked for being a commuter/city wheel. The Falcon was so close to being that plus suspension, I was excited, but they missed the mark.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MadVlad said:

Just the fact that this was not a clear choice should tell the manufacturers they are heading in the wrong direction on the commuter side of the spectrum. Something about those old "suitcase" wheels just worked for being a commuter/city wheel. The Falcon was so close to being that plus suspension, I was excited, but they missed the mark.

Luckily you can weld/3D print/DIY a carry handle in middle of that orange bars.. But yes - yes they missed the mark. Falcon is marketed as a small "trick" wheel not a commuter anyways. Which is stupid as duck. We are getting idiotic toys or monster euc only. Falcon was/is the sweet spot of power/size/weight ration. Sad that they didn't thought about one hand carrying and easy/fast accessible lift button built in said handle. Where one doesn't need to use both hands to disable motor and then lift it. A2 setup was miles better.. They could even use same type handle and trolley handle would simply lay over the carry handle. Falcon+A2 trolley/carry handle type of deal.

In spite of not having the carry handle, i'm thinking about buying it for real.. Because we simply won't get anything "better". Luckily i can buy some steel/aluminium bars and weld a loop in middle of orange bars.. Or use straps and add a simple handle in middle of those orange bars. Still don't like the lift button placement. (I also think about wiring waterproof button and run some wires zip-tied/wrapped to handle side to add lift button onto handle itself. You could double press it with thumb and disable motor. Piggyback it off original lift button wiring.)

Not hard to do.. Just hate that manufacturers don't think things out.. (You can easily see that that handle setup/latch at back was last thing they thought when making wheel. It even blocks rear light.) :facepalm:

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1