What are the best gloves/ wrist guards?

To anyone who can provide feedback, it would be much appreciated…..I’m 50 years old with severe Rheumatoid Arthritis who has fallen in love with this awesome sport of EUC riding. But I need to be as safe as I can in the event of a crash. Therefore…

What brand and model of gloves do you ride with?  

Do you wear gloves while at the same time wear wrist guards over the top of them?

I’ve got a 35% off discount with Leatt and I’m hoping that I can purchase a good set of gloves with them (I’m currently only wearing wrist guards that Ewheels sent me when I purchased my Kingsong 16X and Veteran Patton from them.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 9:49 PM, Chris50 said:

Cheapest ones from Decathlon. Faceplanted more than 10 times already with little issues. Total cost about $20.
You also need knee pads and elbow pads as well. During a faceplant you're gonna hit your wrists and knees 100% of the time.

not_fool_face.jpg.ac8266510d0390fbd7ccf51d8cb73746.jpgmy_wrist_guards.jpg.22d19f40b9b32094c67d4a3fb80c00da.jpg

Edited by atdlzpae

On 5/4/2024 at 2:49 PM, Chris50 said:

For the first couple years of EUC riding I used the eWheels provided wrist guards.  They have done the job in the few low speed mishaps I've had on either my V8S or Patton.  Last year I started worrying about finger damage if I had an unintended dismount from the Patton at 25-35mph so I now ride with hillbilly wrist guard gloves.  They have a palm guard and a back wrist bar to maybe keep your wrist from going too far back.  There are some things I don't like about them.  They are on the small side on sizes.  I am pretty tall with long finders and the XL size hillbilly gloves are very tight.  They have loosened some with wear but I would prefer they had more room.  The fingers are not touch screen friendly which is an issue at times.  On the plus side they were comfortable riding in 40F weather for 30 minutes.

Having said that...  I have been looking for a setup more like what @Cerbera has described.  Probably end up with Walmart special light duty work gloves that are touch screen friendly to go under the eWheels guards.  For cold weather will probably add a ski glove liner.   I suspect I won't be using the Hillbilly gloves very often.

• 5 weeks later...

Summer: triple eight wrist guards

https://triple8.com/products/wristsaver-wrist-guards?variant=32225249525897

Fall/Spring Hillbilly Full fingered gloves:

https://e-rides.com/product/hillbilly-full-finger-gloves/ (also on Amazon)

Dead of Winter: Snowboarder wrist guards under heavy ski gloves

Dakine at REI: https://www.rei.com/product/875825/dakine-wrist-guards

I only buy wrist guards with front and back protection.