Pidzoom Prototype Mirror

Ethereal

Great to see Bob offering more safety accessories for us!
I personally use a hand/wrist mirror because it's the largest thing that's offered in the market currently, but the convex shape is what I dislike the most. In most overcast/ cloudy situations where I live, you can't see dark colored vehicles with no headlights on until they are well within a few seconds behind you. I understand the logic of a convex lens for the helmet mirror as it aides in closer proximity situations, but I would love if someone offers a near flat credit-card sized mirror to attach (elastic or velcro) over gloves so I can see further behind me.

14 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

I personally use a hand/wrist mirror because it's the largest thing that's offered in the market currently, but the convex shape is what I dislike the most. In most overcast/ cloudy situations where I live, you can't see dark colored vehicles with no headlights on until they are well within a few seconds behind you. I understand the logic of a convex lens for the helmet mirror as it aides in closer proximity situations, but I would love if someone offers a near flat credit-card sized mirror to attach (elastic or velcro) over gloves so I can see further behind me.

I have some acrylic mirror that I cut and add to my curved helmet mirror. I much prefer it for judging distance with. I use a hand mirror, but personally I think it can confuse drivers, as I can look like your signalling to turn. I can glance at a helmet mounted mirror and see behind faster as well. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

I use a hand mirror, but personally I think it can confuse drivers, as I can look like your signalling to turn.

I agree, that's why I rather have my hand mirror flat or magnified to see the cars when they're a lot further away - my area isn't bike friendly so I'm sure 99% of the drivers don't even know what hand signals are. Less than 5% of the roads here have a bike lane or a sidewalk, so I ride exclusively during weekend downtimes.

I'm definitely interested in trying this PZ mirror though if cost after shipping is reasonable

Edited by slippyfeet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, slippyfeet said:

Did you see my the part of the  video where I was able to tell there was a car way behind me? That car was probably about half a block behind me. Because the arm of the mirror is farther away from my eyes, I was able to pick out the far oncoming car with clarity and focus. Although my DIY mirror was already good enough, this Pidzoom helmet mirror with its various ways to attach the mirror as well as various lengths of arm is more versatile and offers a clearer view. 

• Like 1

I have similar DIY mirror and I wouldn’t want to be without it. Great product. I will likely buy one for my next helmet. I love being aware of what’s behind me when I ride. Hand mirror just isn’t enough. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Scubadragonsan said:

Is it true that this mirror is pre-order and it won't be shipped out until July according to website? A long wait!

Yes unfortunately. 

31 minutes ago, Phenolic Labels said:

I like DIY mirror. There's nothing to do but be patient

I like my DIY mirror too. It does the job well. The main advantage of the Pidzoom version is the clearer image the mirror shows due to the longer arm it provides. I will still use my DIY mirror on my other helmet.