Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

1 hour ago, Poker said:

For comparison, anyone remember what the real travel of the extreme was? Was advertised as 150mm afaik 

extreme is advertised at 130mm and it's actually 125mm 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EMA said:

i can double check them once i receive the wheel :ph34r:

btw the rubber stop should be included in the travel range becouse it will be compressed when you reach it, the same thing happens on the rubber used inside the coil shocks.

it simply makes the last part of the stroke harder, it's not limiting your travel.

jm2c

On the Master the rubber O-rings for sure restrict movement. The 5 mm ring compress only 1 mm even on very hard compression when I tested. So it acts more like a  somewhat damped stop, than "harder" stroke.

But the user COULD change them for softer ones to utilize some more movement.

Edited by EUCzero
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

On the Master the rubber O-rings for sure restrict movement. The 5 mm ring compress only 1 mm even on very hard compression when I tested. So it acts more like a  somewhat damped stop, than "harder" stroke.

But the user COULD change them for softer ones to utilize some more movement.

not sure about that, otherwise the metal sound on bottom-out would not exist. if you try to jump the rubber rings without the shock you'll see what i mean

I actually measured the rubber ring compression while jumping on the Master up and down when it was new because I was curious if I could 3d print something softer or better.
But both original o-ring, as well as my 95A TPU prints did not compress much.

• Upvote 1

Last day on the Blitz.
It was too tall for Wendy, so we took it to the office and packed it up to send to another rider.

• Like 2

I just canceled my Blitz preorder. I simply don't want to wait any longer. The EUC market (in Europe) is ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous. When you finally receive what you ordered a few months ago, there is either an improved version on the market (v2, v3 etc. etc.) or the wheel has just been overtaken on the inside by a new wheel with better specs than the one you have in order,  or the wheel you have on order has simply been discontinued before it went into production.

But fortunately, I have just bought a powerboat instead :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Robse said:

I just canceled my Blitz preorder. I simply don't want to wait any longer. The EUC market (in Europe) is ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous. When you finally receive what you ordered a few months ago, there is either an improved version on the market (v2, v3 etc. etc.) or the wheel has just been overtaken on the inside by a new wheel with better specs than the one you have in order,  or the wheel you have on order has simply been discontinued before it went into production.

In other words, the very thing you complained about, actually worked to your advantage. 😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robse said:

I just canceled my Blitz preorder

Sorry to hear it takes so long to get a wheel where you are. I was looking forward to some vids from you on your new wheel. But with a powerboat, you can enjoy it with your friends and loved ones together rather than solo wheel trips. Hope you enjoy your new boat.:D Maybe someday soon a wheel will emerge that's worth waiting for and won't be outdated when it arrives.

32 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Sorry to hear it takes so long to get a wheel where you are. I was looking forward to some vids from you on your new wheel. But with a powerboat, you can enjoy it with your friends and loved ones together rather than solo wheel trips. Hope you enjoy your new boat.:D Maybe someday soon a wheel will emerge that's worth waiting for and won't be outdated when it arrives.

thanku🙂 and you're right about that many times wheel rides are solo. My RS19 is still going strong, and in the absence of suspension im not in danger of loosing my muscle ability like someone... (ha ha ... 😂) so i just wait a few months, i got this idea of the blitz ending up being a wheel in stock in many places, just like the RS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robse said:

thanku🙂 and you're right about that many times wheel rides are solo. My RS19 is still going strong, and in the absence of suspension im not in danger of loosing my muscle ability like someone... (ha ha ... 😂) so i just wait a few months, i got this idea of the blitz ending up being a wheel in stock in many places, just like the RS

I would speculate that in a few months time, there is a good chance that you would be tempted away from the Blitz, and onto something more alluring. 😀

On second thought, looking at your profile, you are not an early adopter type, so maybe not.

I, myself, is still on an S22, and really enjoying it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Robse said:

still waiting mine, shipping to europe is nuts, to italy even more :roflmao:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Robse said:

the wheel you have on order has simply been discontinued before it went into production.

Never buy a begode wheel until a second batch has been shipped and received by riders. 

I don't think the blitz is necessarily superseded by the xway though, or the rumoured 'high speed wheel' coming up, but I do think they're all close enough that you won't miss anything by buying any of them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Robse said:

Was waiting about your returns ...

Hope you will enjoy your powerboat ;)

Can see foilboard on "La Marne" in Paris :wub:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

Was waiting about your returns ...

Hope you will enjoy your powerboat ;)

Can see foilboard on "La Marne" in Paris :wub:

Foilboards are groovy! ;)

Annotation 2024-10-08 104418.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eyss said:

Never buy a begode wheel until a second batch has been shipped and received by riders. 

I don't think the blitz is necessarily superseded by the xway though, or the rumoured 'high speed wheel' coming up, but I do think they're all close enough that you won't miss anything by buying any of them.

Blitz is the lightest performance wheel avaible atm, the lightest motor into the lightest wheel and this is a lot in riding quality, acceleration and performance 

Edited by EMA

4 hours ago, Eyss said:

I wouldn’t buy any first batch wheels from any manufacturer. They’ve all had issues on first batch.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, EMA said:

Blitz is the lightest performance wheel avaible atm, the lightest motor into the lightest wheel and this is a lot in riding quality, acceleration and performance 

Just curious, are you speaking from experience. In other words, have you ridden the Blitz?

22 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

I wouldn’t buy any first batch wheels from any manufacturer. They’ve all had issues on first batch.

but but but..... someone has to do it , or there will never be a "now fully working" Version 2 :P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Robse said:

but but but..... someone has to do it , or there will never be a "now fully working" Version 2 :P

Not to be worried about that.

There are plenty of fine folks who are proud to be early adopters.

Edited by techyiam

7 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

Leaperkim Sherman L. One batch only, no complaints. 

On 10/8/2024 at 2:22 PM, EMA said:

Like the EX.n ? :wub:

(have no major problem with my EX30 first batch)

• Like 1

On 10/8/2024 at 2:54 PM, techyiam said:

Just curious, are you speaking from experience. In other words, have you ridden the Blitz?

Not ridden the Blitz yet but that doesn't change those facts, [ the wheel is really close to my door :D ]

i'm a biker that's why i have experience/sensibility in this aspect, the weight of rotating mass is critical in terms of energy (effort/performance), it's critical in the bike world and also has impacts in our EUC world.

if you ride the same wheel with a light and a heavy tire you should definitely feel the difference
same thing if you ride the old wheels like RS or EXN, same wheel, same tire but different motor (+1kg) is another good example of how the rotating mass has a great impact on dynamics

i don't trust youtubers a lot, let's say i know how to "read" their opinions but, all the people who have ridden the blitz noticed how easy and how fast the wheel accelerate, probably there's something true about that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EMA said:

i don't trust youtubers a lot, let's say i know how to "read" their opinions but, all the people who have ridden the blitz noticed how easy and how fast the wheel accelerate, probably there's something true about that.

I have ridden a Blitz, but my first impression was more like Maribel's impression than what others have said. The Blitz doesn't feel heavy, but it's not as responsive as I would've liked.

It would be interesting to hear about your first impression on the Blitz once you get a chance to ride it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I have ridden a Blitz, but my first impression was more like Maribel's impression than what others have said. The Blitz doesn't feel heavy, but it's not as responsive as I would've liked.

It would be interesting to hear about your first impression on the Blitz once you get a chance to ride it.

interesting, i'll share my experience for sure

• Like 2