Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

3 hours ago, Whalesmash said:

The concern is not with the pedal hanger, it's with that thin metal on the battery pack and the screw hole spacing. Yes, the screws and the pedal hanger distribute force, but they distribute force into four holes that are basically placed right in line next to each other and then placed really close to the edge of the battery pack. It's not a recipe for strength. I would not be worried that a pedal clip or something like that breaking it, I am more concerned that a sideways impact on the battery itself. If they used high quality metal for those cases, they can might get away with it, but given the track record of cheap chineseium, we'll have to hope for the best. I hope my concerns are unwarranted.

I would have to disagree with your conclusion.

The main support for the pedal hanger that clamps onto the stanchion is a chunky, solid block of aluminum alloy. 

The pedal hanger are fastened to the support block with 8 screws, with the bottom mounting flange of the battery pack being sandwiched. 

Exactly what stresses are you concerned about, shear, or tensile, and exactly where.

Yes, the battery pack is sandwiched. That does not change the fact that the holes drilled into the battery pack flange are really close together, and the flange is really thin. I raise this concern mostly because I've seen (and done it myself) multiple bent lower battery hangers on wheels like the master, ex30, and master pro, all of which have a solid metal bar of a 1/4" or 5/16" thickness. I guess this sort of failure has not yet occurred on an ET max yet, so maybe the concern is not such a big deal after all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whalesmash said:

Yes, the battery pack is sandwiched. That does not change the fact that the holes drilled into the battery pack flange are really close together, and the flange is really thin. I raise this concern mostly because I've seen (and done it myself) multiple bent lower battery hangers on wheels like the master, ex30, and master pro, all of which have a solid metal bar of a 1/4" or 5/16" thickness. I guess this sort of failure has not yet occurred on an ET max yet, so maybe the concern is not such a big deal after all. 

Ah.

You are concerned with the battery packs themselves and how they are supported at the bottom. And how this would affect chassis ridgity too.

As you know early on, the battery cases were even made from plastic.

In the ET Max, Begode changed the design from securing the battery packs at the top and bottom locations, which required a bottom supporting bar, to the current design in which the packs are secured with fasteners at the top, and a much thinner flange along the inner side. The bottom inner flange is fastened to the pedal hanger supporting bracket, and upper remaining flange are tied together with a middle plastic panel to the other battery pack on the same side. 

Is this design strong or ridgid enough? We haven't really been hearing many complaints so far. And Wrongway is putting the Blitz through its paces. Time will tell, I suppose. 

• Like 1

What would you suggest for 'Pedal Turning Angle Adjustment' on the Begode Blitz?
I have scraped the pedals more than a couple of times, initially due to low shock pressure, but possibly also due to a suboptimal setting for this parameter.

On 9/25/2024 at 4:22 PM, Poker said:

Is there a typical spring shock that would fit on the Blitz if I wanted to try something else than the stock airshock? What dimension and load would I be looking for if so?

I have heard the shock can be pressurized to 275-300psi.
I had issues under 200psi and now run 240psi, which is within the stated 250psi.
image.png.20e667b5aee441fd69d37c784cb15da1.png