InMotion V14 riders : Share Your Tips, Tricks, Modifications, Upgrades, Hacks, Setups & Feature Requests

Kmil

I updated the BMS fw yesterday. I had no beeps riding for lunch just now.

I recall prior version was 3.5xxx new version is 5.0.1.1.

• Like 2

I keep getting the double beep and the red exclamation mark appearing for a second when I leave the house with the wheel after a full charge. This usually happens when I roll the wheel to the exit or when I lean the wheel against the wall while closing the door and it doesn't happen again during the ride. It started exactly after I updated the BMC firmware to version 5.0.11. I know a few other riders with the same issue with the firmware.

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2024 at 6:13 PM, Sergey Sh. said:

I keep getting the double beep and the red exclamation mark appearing for a second when I leave the house with the wheel after a full charge. This usually happens when I roll the wheel to the exit or when I lean the wheel against the wall while closing the door and it doesn't happen again during the ride. It started exactly after I updated the BMC firmware to version 5.0.11. I know a few other riders with the same issue with the firmware.

Yea same. I charged to 100% , turned the wheel to drive mode and just waited to see what happens. After a minute the wheel beeps and even balances out ( because i have at -1 degrees) when i wait another minute it happens again until i start to ride. Doesnt seem to be an issue. Maybe its a feature?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LuckyV14 said:

Yea same. I charged to 100% , turned the wheel to drive mode and just waited to see what happens. After a minute the wheel beeps and even balances out ( because i have at -1 degrees) when i wait another minute it happens again until i start to ride. Doesnt seem to be an issue. Maybe its a feature?

The double beep and the red exclamation mark appearing for a second - it doesn't look like a feature. I have this beeps and the red exclamation mark even when all cells had a voltage of 4.11, obviously this is not a case of overcharging. There was nothing like this on previous firmware versions. It started right after I updated the BMC firmware to version 5.0.11. Fortunately, in everything else, the wheel continues to function normally and rides great.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sergey Sh. said:

I updated the BMC firmware to version 5.0.11

And several people failed to upgrade to version 5.0.11. One of the batteries stops working during the upgrade and it is difficult to revive it. InMotion needs to cancel the distribution of this firmware and release an update as soon as possible to avoid these problems.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/19/2024 at 9:27 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

For anyone wanting a bit more traction off road, might i suggest the Kenda K760 tire in a 80/100-12 size. It's 415# @33PSI Fits the v-14 like a glove with plenty of room around the tire and on top for studs in the winter time so you can ride it on ice.:D Tire change is super easy, it's 1 side cover(2 screws),1 battery(moved not disconnected),1 battery protector(2 screws) and the 8 pedal hanger bolts as well as the 8 motor mount bolts. You will also need to loosen the 3 wire hold down screws and cut and replace 1 motor wire zip tie. Pull the trolley handle up some so you take the spring tension off of it when pulling the pedal hangers. The tire change took me 30 minutes because i was being super careful and methodical. I decided to change the direction of the valve stem since some genius had it in so if i caught a stick going forward it would have ripped it out. At least going this way it has a chance to repel a stick instead of "grabbing" one. Handles well enough on pavement that i didn't take a digger when i tested it doing a figure 8. It's much more traction as you can imagine, i will report back when i get some miles on it.

side-view.jpgfront-clearence.jpgvalve-stem.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. I bought the tyre because i mainly ride offroad and i felt the stock tyre doesnt have enough traction so ama try yours. Can u tell me how is the traction when going on wet tarmac with the kenda offroad tyre?

Do  stones still get stuck between the wheel and the battery? I hope it will be gone with this tyre.

My bearing seal is already kinda scratched and is already squeaking. Probably from lot of dust and mud that came inside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyV14 said:

on wet tarmac with the kenda offroad tyre?

Terrible, it's a strictly an off road tire. On a paved roads it feels super squarely after 35 mph and weird for tight turns. Amazing off road horrendous on road.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2024 at 3:24 PM, Popov said:

And several people failed to upgrade to version 5.0.11. One of the batteries stops working during the upgrade and it is difficult to revive it. InMotion needs to cancel the distribution of this firmware and release an update as soon as possible to avoid these problems.

Where can I find more on this issue? I thought I did a successful update but the app says one pack is unresponsive and the BMS version is at v4.7.17. Sounds like I'm having the same problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jimmux said:

Where can I find more on this issue? I thought I did a successful update but the app says one pack is unresponsive and the BMS version is at v4.7.17. Sounds like I'm having the same problem.

When I did the update I didn't have any issue. In many cases when a few update do not complete Inmotion wheel and be saved by trying to update the fw again. I suspect you have tried this already?

If so doing a diagnostic with Inmotion app and upload it and reach out to them on their service email can ofte help. They also have service function in the app but I never used this.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Terrible, it's a strictly an off road tire. On a paved roads it feels super squarely after 35 mph and weird for tight turns. Amazing off road horrendous on road.

I see.thanks. i hardly ever go more than 28mph here in europe. We cannot drive on roads anyway.

So do slip on tarmac even at low speeds? Or does it have at least a bit of satability.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LuckyV14 said:

So do slip on tarmac even at low speeds?

Doesn't really "slip" but as you can imagine riding on knobbys on a smooth flat surface feels a little weird. It can be done no problem i have ridden the street on it a few times and it just isn't awesome.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Unventor said:

When I did the update I didn't have any issue. In many cases when a few update do not complete Inmotion wheel and be saved by trying to update the fw again. I suspect you have tried this already?

The newer firmware isn't available for me now. I assume they took it down for fixes.

Emailed support and waiting on a reply now.

15 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Doesn't really "slip" but as you can imagine riding on knobbys on a smooth flat surface feels a little weird. It can be done no problem i have ridden the street on it a few times and it just isn't awesome.

Ah ok i understand thanks a lot. Feels more blocky rather than smooth.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2024 at 5:44 PM, Sergey Sh. said:

The double beep and the red exclamation mark appearing for a second - it doesn't look like a feature. I have this beeps and the red exclamation mark even when all cells had a voltage of 4.11, obviously this is not a case of overcharging. There was nothing like this on previous firmware versions. It started right after I updated the BMC firmware to version 5.0.11. Fortunately, in everything else, the wheel continues to function normally and rides great.

Ok so i found the error. Must be an Firmware/Software Bug.

I had the wheel on 100 turned on and in parking mode. As long as its 100% the beep comes every few minutes. I was waiting to press diagnose wheel the moment the beep comes and it caught the error sayin temp sensor error. Every beep it was a different #number. Also i observed that the temp was constantly at 28c. But once i started to go it diesnt beep anymore, the sensor picks up the temp and the wheel rides normally.

I got black batch 2 50s

Screenshot_20240708_111855_INMOTION.thumb.jpg.edb8f14332752fe59f9fab7b9468853c.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LuckyV14 said:

Ok so i found the error. Must be an Firmware/Software Bug.

I had the wheel on 100 turned on and in parking mode. As long as its 100% the beep comes every few minutes. I was waiting to press diagnose wheel the moment the beep comes and it caught the error sayin temp sensor error. Every beep it was a different #number. Also i observed that the temp was constantly at 28c. But once i started to go it diesnt beep anymore, the sensor picks up the temp and the wheel rides normally.

I got black batch 2 50s

Screenshot_20240708_111855_INMOTION.thumb.jpg.edb8f14332752fe59f9fab7b9468853c.jpg

Were you sent a new firmware update when you uploaded the log?
I found the intermittent error did not exist long enough to produce an error in the readable log, so I assume the brief error is still captured in the uploaded logs.
Also, the BMS output for the individual cell outputs and temperatures should be checked for consistency.
Good luck!

I want to upgrade the pedals. Has anyone swapped out the stock pedals on their V14?
I like the stock pedals, although they are a bit light and have a flimsy feeling.
I wanted a set of Clark Pads Pedals, specifically the E-Works pedals, but I don't think they are making them for Inmotion, and the Aluminium Inmotion pedals they make went on my V12.
Do you have any ideas for a large, sturdy pedal for the Inmotion V14?
Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

I want to upgrade the pedals. Has anyone swapped out the stock pedals on their V14?
I like the stock pedals, although they are a bit light and have a flimsy feeling.
I wanted a set of Clark Pads Pedals, specifically the E-Works pedals, but I don't think they are making them for Inmotion, and the Aluminium Inmotion pedals they make went on my V12.
Do you have any ideas for a large, sturdy pedal for the Inmotion V14?
Thanks!

Are the pedals on the Inmotion V12 and Inmotion V14 interchangeable?
I purchased a set of Aluminum Clarks for the V14 and put them on the V12, as the 12 came with those flat traction pad pedals.
Anyone know?

6 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

Are the pedals on the Inmotion V12 and Inmotion V14 interchangeable?
I purchased a set of Aluminum Clarks for the V14 and put them on the V12, as the 12 came with those flat traction pad pedals.
Anyone know?

Yes. Confirmed by e-wheels.
The V12 and V14 pedals are indeed compatible. 
So now I just need to find some snappy, sturdy pedals. ;)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jayzao said:

Were you sent a new firmware update when you uploaded the log?
I found the intermittent error did not exist long enough to produce an error in the readable log, so I assume the brief error is still captured in the uploaded logs.
Also, the BMS output for the individual cell outputs and temperatures should be checked for consistency.
Good luck!

They didnt sent me a new Firmware yet.

Wait in the inmotion app to press diagnosis when the beep comes. It worked for me every time. Sometimes it beeped once sometimes twice. Error is the same.

I will check if the temps for cells move or not.

How are you getting this newer firmwares?

My v14 is on 3.0.40

BMS on 4.7.10

I wonder if the headlight can be turn on from the app in the newer firmwares (not pressing the button on the wheel)? is this fixed?

2 hours ago, eried said:

How are you getting this newer firmwares?

My v14 is on 3.0.40

BMS on 4.7.10

I wonder if the headlight can be turn on from the app in the newer firmwares (not pressing the button on the wheel)? is this fixed?

I got it automatically some day when i started the app.  But i had a feeling i shouldn't upfate since i didnt nave any problems before. Never touch a running system.

Regarding the light, didn't try it yet.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LuckyV14 said:

I got it automatically some day when i started the app.  But i had a feeling i shouldn't upfate since i didnt nave any problems before. Never touch a running system.

Regarding the light, didn't try it yet.

Oh I see. If you remember please try the app, I wonder if the new version fixed this 

I wonder if InMotion is going to release corrected firmware for bms? The new v14 arrived and from the factory there was already a buggy firmware v5.011. I can drive a kilometer from home, but it beeps and scares me until the battery drops to 99%

Or are the rumors that InMotion is thinking about leaving the EUC business true and we will no longer see support? Looking at the barely live technical support, the almost complete lack of movement on social networks and the lack of planned new products, it seems to me that these rumors are true.

They really screwed something up with this firmware. Support are insisting I need to replace my affected battery pack, which shouldn't be necessary for something like this.

Are you getting the error that says you're over voltage? I'm getting that now too, even though all packs are at the same safe level. It's refusing to balance and won't even let me turn on the headlight.

I can't help wondering if a hard reset of the controller would fix it, but I can't find any way to do that.