I miss being a special snowflake (not really)

Before I bought a unicycle in 2019 I saw an EUC only a few times overall. And for years I suspect I was the only rider in my city.
Now I go outside for just 2 hours... and I see 4 other unicyclists.

Special snowflake days are over. :thumbup: Now there are dozens of us!

• Haha 3

I have seen only around 7 times another EUC rider in past 3 years. So nothing has changed around my area. It's still rare to see another one in the wild. 

Even in Paris it's very rare that I cross another wheeler's path, even though I know we are quite numerous (well...). I've seen meetings of about 50 wheelers around here. However, the one or two I see a week through my usual regimen of 100km/week for work commuting are mostly V8f/s, maybe some v10f, I've seen a ks s18 (the dude was running so many lights that even though I was much faster than him we crossed Paris at the same pace), some KS16x (still a popular wheel, and I miss the one I had, I bought a KS18L 2200w as a kind reminder of the charms of having a "always good to go" wheel ahah), some KS18, a Tesla...

You still see some OG shermans around, I wouldn't say I miss my own that much (it was a great wheel ! but suspension really is useful in Paris...) but anything in the 20inch department is nearly never seen... I just remember a Dude riding his master Pro with an awfully bended rim in tee shirt and nothing else. The police seized his OG sherman and he replaced it with the master pro. He was a great bloke but I'm very concern for his safety, while he didn't speed and was a very conservative rider, a crash with that behemoth of a wheel can't be without consequences...

So yeah, I still feel special, I still see people looking at it like it was the first they ever saw, and kids are still marvelling and pulling their mother's sleeve. When I see kids watching, sometimes I just seat on my master and put my arms like I had a handlebar in front of me: it reminds me of a very popular french Cartoon that I liked when I was young, Code Lyoko:
image.png.b01c78125805d15aec75cc0c606d9956.png

Anyway, so proud to be part of this community !

Tim :)

Surprisingly, now that the weather has become warmer, I still see very few euc's in the wild. It is only a little bit more frequent than in the winter. I see way more motorcyclists. The numbers of euc's that I see while riding seem to be about the same for last few years.