V14 : Seat - stable, secure, and robust metal bracket seat setup fitting standard bicycle saddles

Kmil

Hi INMOTION V14 lovers! 😊 Hoping you're having fun zipping around hills and towns. So, I think it's essential to have a strong and safe seat which can withstand constant weight pressure, esp this wheel is designed for rider up to 120kg. Let's create a stable, secure, and robust metal bracket seat setup fitting standard bicycle saddles. Wouldn't that be neat? 👍

Great news! Our trusted source eWheels.com gives away a FREE SEAT DESIGN for select INMOTION V14! Maybe this answers our prayers—let's see! I wonder if they do have any metal bracket or simply rely on the rear handle. Stay alert and updated, friends! 😉 Hope someone cud share some photos once they got theirs.

Now, back to business: Please help brainstorm rock-solid metal bracket seat concepts adapted specifically for the INMOTION V14. Think tough, endurable, and practical. Bonus points if it supports classic bike saddles! 🏆 (adjustable height, type, position, etc ..)

Once we gather enough intel, I promise to share updates, images, and anything else relevant. Looking forward to engaging discussions! Cheers to discoveries, friendships, and ultimate EUC satisfaction! 🎉🛴💖

On 3/19/2024 at 6:11 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

I think its a good idea to make a thread titled: Seat for the Inmotion V14.  The megathreads are confusing methinks.   V14 is an off road short range EUC - Maybe Inmotion will come uip with a seat  maybe not.   Inmotion V11 V12 and V13 have seat  that works well. 

Thanks dude for the rec! V11 ori seat not bad, but wont last more than few weeks for my 95kg weight :D  Changed to a 4 springs ebike saddle after that, smoothen all off road hill rides/bumpy road rides :wub: 

On 3/19/2024 at 6:22 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

One is in the works, @Jason McNeil from ewheels sent me this before i received my v14.

on Feb 29th the email said=

"The Powerpads will be shipped out separately. Bonus seat kits will also be shipping out in about 3-4 weeks. "

Thanks for the info, you're lucky to get it as a bonus ! Curious about the actual design, esp how the can fit it on top of the brake light, without blocking it, seems like they cut through the middle section :w00t2:

On 3/19/2024 at 7:16 AM, Jason McNeil said:

Really, the seats are coming :D, I've got a DHL tracking number for 50x seats. No idea why this project took like 6+ months, they really should have let Beidou [who's making their V14 pads] also produce the seats. He's realible, always hits deadlines & responds pretty much at all times of day & night. The type who would make an excellent CEO for one of those EUC Companies ;)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'm glad to hear that you have had positive experiences with Beidou's accessories and their team excellent performance. They produce a lot of high quality accessories. It would be wonderful if they could expand their product line to include a seat option for the InMotion V14. Your suggestion is much appreciated :D

V14 Official Inmotion Seat V1 :

Pros:

1. readily available ( some get if for bonus/free)

2. come with extra LEDs taillights

3. trolley handle not blocked

4. easy to fit and remove

Cons:

1. position not adjustable( height, positioned behind wheel, instead of center)

2. durability ( not sturdy enough if only rest on rear plastic handle, possible safety issue for > 70kg ? riders )

3. tail/brake lights blocked

what's your thoughts about this seat ? :confused1:

Brainstorming :

1. lockable hinge ensure easy access to charger port, and also handle use. ( saddle should be able to tilt upward after pressing the release lever)

2. bracket secured to alloy frame ensure sturdy mount. ( readily available holes n space )

3. brake/tail light unobstructed.

4. height and position adjustable. ( even on standing position, higher seat provide better leverage on control by knees/etc ) 

what do you think of this?

Saddle.png

Info on the saddle:

This saddle size just nice for standing and seated ride, been using on the V11 for years, after the original V11 seat broken after few weeks use.

It costs less than 10usd.:thumbup:

saddle taobao.jpg

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.c672c4719de9db1eb43c945c049cbe50.png

I sent them this thread link to encourage them producing a strong seat frame using the similar quality material to support a standard saddle. This is their reply, hope they could come out with a good design and give us all an extra options for seated riding/trolley handle !  thanks to @Unventor again for pointing me to this seller.

Edited by Kmil
spelling correction

Well I don't do seated riding as I am not nearly young and flexible enough to do this especially on a relative low wheel, distance between pedals and top of wheel.

But I guess some can do it. So question is how many can the sell?

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 4:19 AM, Unventor said:

Well I don't do seated riding as I am not nearly young and flexible enough to do this especially on a relative low wheel, distance between pedals and top of wheel.

Thanks for replying. Yes, agree with you on the height of this wheel is lower, hence i prefer a bicycle saddle fitting which we can adjust for our own height and width, as well as a good trolley handle need. I always have this problem that when stopping, its hard to grab the handle, and one leg need to hold tight to the heavy wheel until i push the trolley handle out n grab. Front or rear handle cant hold the wheel steadily, is that just me ? :confused1::lol:

Another point i like the seat is it helps to reduce force required to control the wheel when stand riding too. It act as a leverage being position at higher above the top of the wheel, imho.

On 4/4/2024 at 4:19 AM, Unventor said:

But I guess some can do it. So question is how many can the sell?

CNC machining aluminium part can be produced at very low costing in China as long as they are willing to design it, I have no experience in that, just guessing and hope for it. :)

'High precision 3 4 5 axis cnc machining aluminum part anodized CNC milling service cnc parts'

Edited by Kmil

On 3/25/2024 at 4:45 PM, Kmil said:

Brainstorming :

1. lockable hinge ensure easy access to charger port, and also handle use. ( saddle should be able to tilt upward after pressing the release lever)

2. bracket secured to alloy frame ensure sturdy mount. ( readily available holes n space )

3. brake/tail light unobstructed.

4. height and position adjustable. ( even on standing position, higher seat provide better leverage on control by knees/etc ) 

what do you think of this?

Saddle.png

Preliminary v0.1.0 ... ?

V14_seat_bracket_pre01.pdf

Finding a suitable hinge for the seat now...

4 minutes ago, Kmil said:

Bracket for a seat, a trolley handle, or a trunk bag!

image.thumb.png.04846282ce8ce2f5e17037993b7acb61.png

V14 V11 seat.jpg