Begode Extreme or Begode Master V4

Strictly for street riding. Don't do curbs, stairs, drops, jumps, or any kind of stunting. Don't need to go faster than 40 mph. Will ride under all weather conditions, whether night or day.

Begode Extreme or Begode Master V4?

• Confused 1

There is an argument that the Extreme's high torque C40 motor and 130 mm suspension travel are a bit OTT / unnecessary for 'uneventful' road riding, and were put there to give the machine more off-road capability, but I think, given the choice, with money not being a particularly important factor, the Extreme has several QoL advantages over the Master, mostly being its lower Centre of Mass, and its included grab handles / moderately effective stock pads. I believe not as much needs doing to it to make it properly weatherproof either.

But, having said that, the Master is considerably cheaper now, a very refined and world-tested design, and much improved since early iterations, and a LOT of people, including me, are very happy with theirs.

Tricky decision - definitely good arguments on both sides of that one.

• Like 1

I have a Master V3, soon a V4 too. Had the Extreme for 5 weeks on vacation in China and used it 850km on and offroad. 

For me the Master is still my favorite wheel. 

I would only change to a Extreme when I ride mostly slow in crowded places or doing slower technical trail riding with lot of steep inclines.

If not, the Master (with 30mm lowered pedal hangers) is my favorite wheel for street and faster offroad. 

A 20" wheel diameter is more important to me than more suspension travel, although I mostly ride offroad.

For a street rider it's even more important, unless you prefer faster acceleration and braking in trade off more stability. 

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course the Master need more upgrades to make it better, but for your needs you don't have to make all those upgrades. 

Power-Pads - Extreme and Master pads are shit. 

Lights - both blind others, Extreme is good for the rider and bad for others. Master is bad for both (not bright enough) 🤣

Suspension - Extreme better than Master, but for your needs, Master should be okay. 

C40 motor - is just more heavy and no real advantage imho 

Motor bearings - both are shit and you have to replace it for sure very soon if you ride in rain. My Extreme had 270km on the clock on arrival and bearings already dead. My Master bearings died 2 days after the first(!!!) carefully contact with water to clean the wheel from mud. 

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads
  • Thanks 1

Master is probably better. But extreme have few advantages: faster charger 5vs3 amps, better suspension, smart bms, handles. Hope Master v5 will have those upgrades and then will become perfect wheel.

Edited by Rafal
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Rapha Assunção said:

I'm in doubt between Master V4, Extreme, V14.

My use will be urban. Walk on the streets of the city, go to work 5km away and after working hours walk with the wheel through the city.

I'm 1.67 and 64kg.

Which would be the best option?

Will this be your first wheel?

Is there a reason why the Patton is not on your short list?

Edited by techyiam

11 minutos atrás, techyiam disse:

Esta será a sua primeira roda?

Existe uma razão pela qual o Patton não está na sua lista curta?

I accept suggestions:)

Do you think Paton is better than the options above? Could you justify your answer?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rapha Assunção said:

I accept suggestions:)

Do you think Paton is better than the options above? Could you justify your answer?

I am not saying that the Patton is necessarily the best among the four for everyone, but it could be for some, depending on one's personal bias and preferences. 

At the very least, the Patton is a strong competitor in this group. .

Firstly, most people would agree that the Patton has the best suspension for your use case, especially if you prefer a buttery smooth suspension action.

In addition, the Patton has been out a while so the issues are known and have been addressed. 

Your body weight is on the lighter side, and the Patton is quite responsive for acceleration, braking and cornering, even for lighter riders. Most will find the Patton to be an easy wheel to ride. The Patton is not an easy wheel to over-torque, relatively speaking at low speeds. And the riding dynamics is intuitive and neutral.

Moreover, the build quality, and crash worthiness of the Patton are considered above average. Weather protection is good too.

And lastly, out-of-the-box, the Patton is basically ready to ride without needing mods.

For your use-case, it is hard to go wrong with a Patton. 

However, the other wheels are good wheels too. You may have special reasons as to why you would prefer one of the other wheels. If the opportunity exists, definitely ride them and compare them back-to-back. You may never know which wheel you would have strong affinity towards after a test ride.

Edited by techyiam