Begode Extreme Range irl.

I am looking for experience. What is the real range you can get on this wheel, mixed riding, not top speed, and not the wildest accelerations, just normal "peaceful" city riding on a well-paved road, before you are down to 25% battery left?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, eucandoit said:

All you need to know is it is a 2400 watt hour battery capacity wheel. 

This is precisely why I want some practical experience so that I can form a sort of overview and an estimate. How many wh there are in the battery is almost useless information, it may give a clue, but truthfully, no - in any case, it cannot be used as a basis for comparison.   My old Ninebot can run approx. 28 km on 310 wh. If you were to compare it, a 16X with 1540 wh should be able to ride 4.9 times as far = 138 km.  That is never going to happen.   On a 16X you can get approx. 90 km if you ride really nicely.  So 2400 wh on a extreme is enough for? Come fresh with experiences :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robse said:

I am looking for experience. What is the real range you can get on this wheel, mixed riding, not top speed, and not the wildest accelerations, just normal "peaceful" city riding on a well-paved road, before you are down to 25% battery left?

tell me what range you get riding like this on your actual wheel

1 hour ago, EMA said:

tell me what range you get riding like this on your actual wheel

16X  ~ 85 km .   RS19 ~ 80 km

1 hour ago, Robse said:

My old Ninebot can run approx. 28 km on 310 wh. If you were to compare it, a 16X with 1540 wh should be able to ride 4.9 times as far = 138 km.  That is never going to happen.   On a 16X you can get approx. 90 km if you ride really nicely. 

Riding really nicely is subjective. If you spend more average power you will definitely have less range. Of course experienced comments will be appreciated but it will differ for your specific conditions and riding attributes. If you are 100 kg+, a 70 kg users experience may fool you, eg. 
So the max range is only related with your specific average power consumption according to your battery capacity. 
If you want to know rough values, it is already stated at the data sheet of the wheel. 

12 minutes ago, eucandoit said:

Riding really nicely is subjective. If you spend more average power you will definitely have less range. Of course experienced comments will be appreciated but it will differ for your specific conditions and riding attributes. If you are 100 kg+, a 70 kg users experience may fool you, eg. 
So the max range is only related with your specific average power consumption according to your battery capacity. 
If you want to know rough values, it is already stated at the data sheet of the wheel. 

Of course, riding nicely is not something that can be defined square and uniformly.  We are all different and have different perceptions of what is fast, slow, wild, boring etc. etc.  But I can't trust the manufacturer's statements. In fact, they are often quite far from reality, or the reality is seated riding downhill with sun and wind at your back and max 15 kmph.  You can't use that for ****.   I would appreciate anyone who chimes in here with their experiences. The more the better. It will help me to be able to form a picture of what I can expect, as a worst case. ;)

7 hours ago, Robse said:

... especially if anyone has the newer 50S version. I think this is a great wheel that does not appear to be so popular on this forum. If you have one, please help others make the choice!

• Thanks 1

This might not be relevant but any wheel you want to keep for several years you really don't want to use below 50% unless it's being ridden at like half of its max speed. So if you plan to use most of its available power then you're likely recharging around 50%.

If you're happy to ride at speeds below half of it's max at all times you can dig deeper into the capacity and get down to 30% without beeps/tiltback during accelerations and so on. 

So the range for the same wheel is quite different rider to rider.

12 hours ago, Robse said:

16X  ~ 85 km .   RS19 ~ 80 km

you'll get around 120km with an Extreme ;)

Edited by EMA
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, EMA said:

you'll get around 120km with an Extreme ;)

ok, thats not as bad as i thought 🙂 How far do you typical ride on your extreme before charging? (i have an idea of your average riding style based on a lot of videos, a little faster than i usually do, but you also have faster wheels 😁 )

2 hours ago, Robse said:

ok, thats not as bad as i thought 🙂 How far do you typical ride on your extreme before charging? (i have an idea of your average riding style based on a lot of videos, a little faster than i usually do, but you also have faster wheels 😁 )

my main use is offroad, riding on trails is not so power hungry, i can ride pretty hard getting 70km at least.
i don't even have the charger with me, less weight = more fun

if you use it on streets the battery will go down a lot faster, specially with c40 at high speeds, 16" sucks at high speed tbh (specially compared to a master or a CPro )

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1