Extreme Commander, bearings replacement.

Hi. So today after I jump off the sidewalk on my Commander I heard this strange metal noise coming from inside the wheel. I was able to still ride it but the noise get louder and louder. At some point, the temp rise to 80 degree and the wheel blocked itself.  After cooling it down I noticed that the wheel almost sized, could hardly spin it. I think that one of the bearings broke itself making this noise, sizing the wheel. Does anyone have any experience with replacing them? If so then how hard it is, do I need any special tools, can I buy this one from Amazon recommended by Ewheels?  PGN (2 Pack) 6203-2RS Bearing - Lubricated Chrome Steel Sealed Ball Bearing - 17x40x12mm Bearings with Rubber Seal & High RPM Support: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

22 hours ago, SalsaDura said:

Hi. So today after I jump off the sidewalk on my Commander I heard this strange metal noise coming from inside the wheel. I was able to still ride it but the noise get louder and louder. At some point, the temp rise to 80 degree and the wheel blocked itself.  After cooling it down I noticed that the wheel almost sized, could hardly spin it. I think that one of the bearings broke itself making this noise, sizing the wheel. Does anyone have any experience with replacing them? If so then how hard it is, do I need any special tools, can I buy this one from Amazon recommended by Ewheels?  PGN (2 Pack) 6203-2RS Bearing - Lubricated Chrome Steel Sealed Ball Bearing - 17x40x12mm Bearings with Rubber Seal & High RPM Support: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

edit: i thought about CPro, non the old Commander HS/HT sorry

CPro has the classic c38 motor, you need the 6012-2RS-SKF , swap process is the same as other wheels

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

Ah OK, yeah, thanks for the correction @Bizra6ot. Hopefully my other info was still useful, but perhaps not if it's not even a hollow bore motor.

Might just delete my entire post :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

@Cerbera The EB commander uses Hs/Ht Msp motors (old classical axle not hollow bore) with 6203-2rs 
https://ecodrift.ru/2021/12/05/extreme-bull-commander-hs-razbiraem/
@SalsaDura Quality bearings of this size are cheap compared to the big ones you should choose a good brand so they last longer

So I have 2 feedbacks now, 6203-2RS and another 612 2RS SKF, they are different I think, aren't they? So which one is "the one" then? Thank you for your help guys! 

Posted (edited)

Small update for my Commander. It turned out that it was not the bearing that broke but the main axle of the motor. So basically, I have to replace it because there is no way of changing the axel only. Also, the axel has bad design, it is drilled through so the power wires can get through it and power the motor and it broke exactly where the drill has been made. The drill weakened the axel so it just broke in exact spot. Unbelievable Chinese design! 

Edited by SalsaDura
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SalsaDura said:

Also, the axel has bad design, it is drilled through so the power wires can get through it and power the motor and it broke exactly where the drill has been made. The drill weakened the axel so it just broke in exact spot. Unbelievable Chinese design! 

Yes, once it became clear that drilled out axles were a horrible weak point, everyone mostly moved to hollow bore motors which can take very much more weight.

Kinda surprised the Commander wasn't on that bandwagon too TBH. In fact I seem to recall they do use hollow bore motors on that model now, or did latterly. Unfortunately you seem to have a model before they changed it...

My condolences that you need a whole new motor, but at least you have a definitive answer and can move forward positively...

Edited by Cerbera

Posted (edited)

I just contacted Alienrides they told me the price of the motor is 550 usd. Kind of expensive. I hope it comes with the rim otherwise I'm not gonna buy it. 

Edited by SalsaDura