Tried the mighty Master ProV3 (5000 Euros)

That big wheel is so lively and fun to ride I could not believe it. I have Inmotion V13 - Very stable but the acceleration and fun factor is nowhere like this Begode wheel.  Im an Inmotion fan, but riding this Master Pro was insanely funny.  Lotsa reviews here and there ..,, 

2 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

That big wheel is so lively and fun to ride I could not believe it. I have Inmotion V13 - Very stable but the acceleration and fun factor is nowhere like this Begode wheel.  Im an Inmotion fan, but riding this Master Pro was insanely funny.  Lotsa reviews here and there ..,, 

For high speed cruising, do you prefer your V13 or the Master Pro v3, taking high speed stability into account?

• 4 weeks later...

Why am I not seeing much discussion or posts on the MasterPro V3?  Is it not different enough from the V2?  Also, does it have a smart BMS yet?  I have my first (and only) EUC which is the S22 and I love riding it, but was interested in the MasterPro v3 simply to have another EUC with the most range possible with suspension.  But not seeing any discussion on it at all.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 12:39 AM, anutheroneup said:

Why am I not seeing much discussion or posts on the MasterPro V3?  Is it not different enough from the V2?  Also, does it have a smart BMS yet?  I have my first (and only) EUC which is the S22 and I love riding it, but was interested in the MasterPro v3 simply to have another EUC with the most range possible with suspension.  But not seeing any discussion on it at all.

I own a S22 pro for a year and a half and I got my master pro v2 in november. Honestly, the S22 is far more versatile than the master pro, but hell when I have to ride for e.g 50kms+, the master pro shines. I cannot compare my V2 with a V3, but technically, the difference between a C38 and a C40 motor will probably be minor in term of torque. It is already impossible for me to overtorque this wheel (I weigh 85kgs) and I ride it up to 50 km/h (I set the tilt back there). I lean like on no other wheel and it just kicks it up, even in hills.
When it comes to the batteries that will be built with 50S cells, well... We already Have 32S8P @134.4v with 50E in V2 (so 8*10*134.4 = 10700 Watts for continuous discharge, 16k Watts at peak). Let Begode consider that batteries are empty when voltage is 110v (3.4v per cell), with the 50E we still have 8*10*110=8800 Watts (continuous discharge, 13k Watts at peak) available for riding. So not sure the 50S will add anything in this 32S8P configuration (26k Watts at full charge... wtf) as we already have a lot with V2. Finally,  36 mos in V3 vs 24 in V2... Well maybe the upgrade is only worth for ultra heavy riders or drag racing. Other than that, the V3 is good for you only if you do not already have a V2.

Edited by tritbool
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tritbool said:

Honestly, the S22 is far more versatile than the master pro, but hell when I have to ride for e.g 50kms+, the master pro shines.

What about fun?   I'm interested in the Master Pro because it has the most range for any suspension wheel, but is it fun to ride?  I do have fun riding my S22 but it runs out of battery many times before I want to stop and I wish it could just keep going.  That's why I'm shopping for another wheel with the most range, so I don't have to worry about that anymore - but not if it isn't enjoyable.  I've heard some wheels can be more enjoyable to ride than others.. so what about the Master Pro?

5 hours ago, anutheroneup said:

What about fun?   I'm interested in the Master Pro because it has the most range for any suspension wheel, but is it fun to ride?  I do have fun riding my S22 but it runs out of battery many times before I want to stop and I wish it could just keep going.  That's why I'm shopping for another wheel with the most range, so I don't have to worry about that anymore - but not if it isn't enjoyable.  I've heard some wheels can be more enjoyable to ride than others.. so what about the Master Pro?

The master pro is fun to ride when going upwards of 25 mph. Until you hit that speed, it feels like a giant yacht that is a bit slow/difficult to steer. Due to its size, it always has significant momentum and turning requires using your body weight much more than other EUCs, but I find that part of the fun factor, with leaning way over the side of the wheel. The Master Pro is 100% the EUC of choice for long range rides, nothing comes close. The fun comes from the stability found at those high speeds that you don't get nearly anywhere else.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just upgraded my V1 to V3 specs and am struggling with a couple of things. First of, turning at higher speeds is very difficult, feels like the wheel is fighting me. Pretty scary on curves because I feel like I might crash into a curb if I go too quick. Keep in mind I have over 8k miles on it in V1 form. The other issue I have is a braking wobble. My wheel has always been super stable and braking wobbles have never been a thing for me on this wheel. Braking at anything over 30 mph seems to cause it.  I am wondering if it might have something to do with my Michelin City Pro being stretched over this much wider rim. Anyone have any ideas?

1 hour ago, MichaelMcEntire said:

I just upgraded my V1 to V3 specs and am struggling with a couple of things. First of, turning at higher speeds is very difficult, feels like the wheel is fighting me. Pretty scary on curves because I feel like I might crash into a curb if I go too quick. Keep in mind I have over 8k miles on it in V1 form. The other issue I have is a braking wobble. My wheel has always been super stable and braking wobbles have never been a thing for me on this wheel. Braking at anything over 30 mph seems to cause it.  I am wondering if it might have something to do with my Michelin City Pro being stretched over this much wider rim. Anyone have any ideas?

The wider rim stretches your tire profile and makes it flatter, so it's harder to turn now because the middle part isn't as pointy as it used to be. 

As for braking wobble, I assume it's just the difference in power delivery, C40 motor ought to be more aggressive in braking/accelerating so you might be braking faster than before. That combines with the tall pedal heights on Master Pro makes it fishtail more easily. 

That being said, I'm keeping mine on C38 motor until I somehow break my rim, I never liked my EX30 so can't imagine liking the V3 motor on master pro.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The master pro is fun to ride when going upwards of 25 mph. Until you hit that speed, it feels like a giant yacht that is a bit slow/difficult to steer. Due to its size, it always has significant momentum and turning requires using your body weight much more than other EUCs, 

I want to thank you guys in here for good tech explanations 

The wider rim stretches your tire profile and makes it flatter, so it's harder to turn now because the middle part isn't as pointy as it used to be. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke

On 3/26/2024 at 8:37 PM, Tep said:

As for braking wobble, I assume it's just the difference in power delivery, C40 motor ought to be more aggressive in braking/accelerating so you might be braking faster than before. That combines with the tall pedal heights on Master Pro makes it fishtail more easily. 

That being said, I'm keeping mine on C38 motor until I somehow break my rim, I never liked my EX30 so can't imagine liking the V3 motor on master pro.

I figured that was what was up with the turning difficulty, do you think a wider tire might help? I feel liker the wobbles have to do with the tire as well. When I look down at it while rotating I can see a pattern where it is alternating between being a slightly higher tread from left to right and vice versa as it spins. Today after my legs got a bit tired it started to wobble pretty bad while just coasting down a slight grade. It's honestly scaring the crap out of me and killing my joy. The whole point of the upgrade kit for me was the higher speed, however I don't feel comfortable going even as fast as I could before. Definetly regretting my choice to upgrade at the moment. 

11 hours ago, MichaelMcEntire said:

I figured that was what was up with the turning difficulty, do you think a wider tire might help? I feel liker the wobbles have to do with the tire as well. When I look down at it while rotating I can see a pattern where it is alternating between being a slightly higher tread from left to right and vice versa as it spins. Today after my legs got a bit tired it started to wobble pretty bad while just coasting down a slight grade. It's honestly scaring the crap out of me and killing my joy. The whole point of the upgrade kit for me was the higher speed, however I don't feel comfortable going even as fast as I could before. Definetly regretting my choice to upgrade at the moment. 

Do you have a street tire on yours? So with the typical 80/90-17 tire, the tire would get stretches out and make the middle point of the tire flatter, so it's harder to turn. Putting on a wider tire, in this case 90/90-17 should correct this, as the tire won't be stretched out.

Problem is, I'm not sure if you can fit a 90/90 tire on a V3, but maybe you can try? You can also try 80/100, which is taller, so when stretched out the center will still be relatively pointy... but I don't think the clearance is tall enough to fit a 80/100. 

• Like 1

A rider here in Chicago scaled up Roger's Ex30 tire spacers to fit the V3.  He said it transformed the ride like it does on the Ex30. 

Edited by Paradox

9 minutes ago, MichaelMcEntire said:

Do you know what settings he used to scale it?

I'll ask him to comment here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 3:31 PM, Tep said:

Do you have a street tire on yours? So with the typical 80/90-17 tire, the tire would get stretches out and make the middle point of the tire flatter, so it's harder to turn. Putting on a wider tire, in this case 90/90-17 should correct this, as the tire won't be stretched out.

Problem is, I'm not sure if you can fit a 90/90 tire on a V3, but maybe you can try? You can also try 80/100, which is taller, so when stretched out the center will still be relatively pointy... but I don't think the clearance is tall enough to fit a 80/100. 

I already tried it but it's not possible to fit a 90/90

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Asyndex said:

I already tried it but it's not possible to fit a 90/90

Bummer. Does anyone know what the stock tire is in the V3? 
 Also, what is everyone doing for suspension? Does the V3 come with the S link? If so, what does everyone think?