ET MAX observed changes to the T4 Master EX30 line

• Julianjc84 changed the title to ET MAX observed changes to the T4 Master EX30 line

Interesting observations, thanks for putting that up. Couple of my own:

1. Weird how they went to just one charge port. Anyone know what the max charge possible is on the ET Max? If it's around 15A, I'm not convinced a single GX20 would be happy at that. And if it is, why fit 2 on the EX30 etc?

2. I suspect that stanchion coating, as lovely as it is (similar to MTB's/FastAce) won't last long at all on a dry lube setup.

3. Proper top-out bumpers as opposed to the EX30 crappy O rings.

Cheers for pointing out the tapered motor bolts. Nice mod, might do that myself on my EX30. I'm fairly sure mine aren't touching the stanchions but they are indeed very close.

• Like 2

It looks like they increased the thickness of the H Bar (crossbrace).  This was a weak point in the previous models.   Also like how they choose not to use the same cut away motor mount like the Exteme to gain ground clearance. 

As someone who's broken two sets of motor mounts and a H Bar, this setup looks great to me.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Vince.Fab said:

It looks like they increased the thickness of the H Bar (crossbrace).  This was a weak point in the previous models.   Also like how they choose not to use the same cut away motor mount like the Exteme to gain ground clearance. 

As someone who's broken two sets of motor mounts and a H Bar, this setup looks great to me.  

Looks like they have added a notched section between the H bar and the Stanchion sliders. might help with twisting and alignment.image.png.3b46fdaa991f217119fee81ebc86358b.png

• Like 1

The Extreme is also notched but honestly I would have liked them to step up the bolt size too. 

What's a little funny is that they still have the design flaw, 0.030" thick wall on the bolt hole countersink. Thickening that wall has a huge effect on the part strength and that's what basically holds everything together. 

image.png.3b46fdaa991f217119fee81ebc86358b.png

• Like 2