Packing Electric Unicycle for Shipping

Jack L

Hi Guys!

This is my first post on this forum, and the EUC forum has been incredibly helpful thus far.

I'm currently facing a logistical challenge: I need to ship a King Song 16S from the San Francisco Bay Area to Boston. So far, my search for a reliable and cost-effective shipping solution has led me to a few options, but I'm still weighing the best approach.

Here's what I've explored:

RevRides: This is where I purchased the wheel. They offered to provide shipping labels for $100, but that's it
EWheels: I saw forum posts saying they are a good option, but don't offer any shipping services currently
BikeFlight: Quoted me $115, but it requires packing the EUC myself.
Greyhound: According to forum discussions, they offer shipping services, however, I don't think they offer package service anymore

Given these scenarios, a friend suggested considering direct shipping via USPS. The catch is, I don't have the original box for the EUC. This leads me to my main query: How should I best pack the EUC for safe transportation? My initial thought was to use an ample amount of bubble wrap, but I'm sure there are more secure packing methods.

Does anyone here have experience with shipping EUCs, particularly over long distances? I'm interested in insights regarding packing techniques, costs, and any other relevant advice you might offer.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm looking forward to participating more in this community!

Jack

• Like 1

In a stable box (no cardbox) "huge" amounts of bubblewrap could help - otherwise styrofoam in a box is the way to go as it's originally used. Maybe packaging chips can be good enough distributed? But without a "stable" styrofoam block the euc could break the cardbox... :(

Maybe some nice styrofoam blocks/plates (some inches thick)  on the outside and inside additional bubblewrap/packacking chips so the euc can't move?

Parcels are heavily mistreated by courier services :(

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the main issue I am coming up with is how to prevent the EUC from turning on during shipping. I have thought about taping over the button, or even getting a plastic cover. Also, I am not sure if King Song 16S has a shipping mode or transportation lock.

For the box, what are good places to get large heavy-duty boxes. Would the ones at home depot work?

1 hour ago, Jack L said:

Yeah, I think the main issue I am coming up with is how to prevent the EUC from turning on during shipping. I have thought about taping over the button, or even getting a plastic cover. Also, I am not sure if King Song 16S has a shipping mode or transportation lock.

For the box, what are good places to get large heavy-duty boxes. Would the ones at home depot work?

Put your wheel in transport mode! That’s the way the factory sends them. Bubble wrap your wheel and line your cardboard box with a few foam floor mats. 

• Like 1