'HOUNIN' EX30 -30mm pedal hangers

@Cerbera Thanks for the info. I will email him and start the discussion. I am not so concerned with the screws, but need the metalwork to be right.

The last couple of days have been very windy and that makes me want to get the pedals lower to help compensate.  I was riding into a head wind and took about everything I had to get to ~62KPH; I couldn't push any more. Then came a gust and dropped me down to ~55KPH. Side winds are worse as I am sure you know.

30mm doesn't seem like much, but could make a huge difference in applied torque and/or stability without loosing too much height for clearing roots and other obstacles encountered off-roading it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

The last couple of days have been very windy and that makes me want to get the pedals lower to help compensate. 

Same here, but in the UK it has been bad enough to actually blow me to a virtual standstill when riding upwind, and downright hazardous when it's banging from the sides !

I was trying to take Dawn's advice about getting better in wind by riding in it more, but it really is a losing battle with pedals that high :)

5 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Same here, but in the UK it has been bad enough to actually blow me to a virtual standstill when riding upwind, and downright hazardous when it's banging from the sides !

I was trying to take Dawn's advice about getting better in wind by riding in it more, but it really is a losing battle with pedals that high :)

I completely agree.  My RS19HS doesn't have the same issues in the wind, but the pedals are also quite a bit lower.  I rode my friends Sherman-S in the wind and it performed much better than the Master in the same wind.  I initially thought it was because of the added weight, but now think it is a combination of the lower pedals and the increased weight.

52 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

I completely agree.  My RS19HS doesn't have the same issues in the wind, but the pedals are also quite a bit lower.  I rode my friends Sherman-S in the wind and it performed much better than the Master in the same wind.  I initially thought it was because of the added weight, but now think it is a combination of the lower pedals and the increased weight.

Yeah, Master is pretty much the 'perfect storm' of 3 less-than-ideal ingredients: Tippy CST tyre, high centre of mass and ultra high pedals. When we add strong wind to that mix it's frightened-horse-on-frozen-lake time ! On the plus side, we can't ever say it's dull ! :)

Edited by Cerbera