Thoughts on taping motor cables together like this?

I have a Veteran Sherman V3. I am currently replacing the motor, and I have had issues with the motor cables fraying or becoming exposed in the past due to the aging cable insulation and short cable sheath length, so I was thinking about taping them together at the base to prevent it from happening in the future. Does anyone see any issue with taping the motor cables together like this with electrical tape? Good or bad idea?

IMG_0348.HEIC

...and posted again in more helpful image format ! :)

image.thumb.png.d19817f2e05c0c7d9a5f76187d7fa136.png

That should be fine I would have thought - those wires do get hot - perhaps bundling them might increase the temps a bit, but probably not enough to worry about ?

9 hours ago, Cerbera said:

...and posted again in more helpful image format ! :)

That should be fine I would have thought - those wires do get hot - perhaps bundling them might increase the temps a bit, but probably not enough to worry about ?

Thanks! Yes, that's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure.

• 2 weeks later...

It's an interesting question. On my Tesla v1 I have charred banana plugs indicating the motor wires get very hot and they need to be separated. However even if we separate the wires, as many have instructed, they later run through the axle pressed together. 

I guess what I'm asking is, how likely is a shortcirquit inside the axle?