Kingsong S19 LEDS - issue with control in both iOS & Amdroid application

Just Keep Rollin Rollin Ro

Anyone else having issues with controlling/changing their Leds in the iOS/ android app. I want to be able to stop the flashing/pulsing function when in standby or riding( chsnge to a solid colour or turn off. App appears to have options and euc beeps to say has recieved command but nothing happens?  🤔 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Also interested in having a solid red as tail light.

This is a vehicle, not a fancy toy!!

I've set all the colours to red so it's supposed to be rotating the selected colours (red all of them), but nothing happens.... I Always get a rainbow light secuence. 

Tried with Kingsong app and EUCworld, but seems to be the same... Not working.

S22 has a "solid colour" option that works fine.

Edited by ffontana
  • Upvote 3

It's incredible that's it's so hard to get a proper tail light, especially that cars in China have the same standard as everywhere else: red as positioning light, bright red as brake light. If anything it should be easier to implement than rainbows.

Edited by null
  • Upvote 2

There's been a firmware update which includes "cycling and leisure status LED light effects 4 support APP color settings".

It sounded hopeful but I can't figure out what's changed or if it gives more control of the LEDs, I wish the app wasn't so cryptic...  Has anyone else had more luck?

For the first time since starting riding 7 years ago, I was stopped recently by police (here in UK), amazingly not because the EUC isn't legal on the road, but because the rainbow lights aren't legal for road riding! Very keen to see this sorted (for safety and more general discretion with the wheel) - I think the ideal would be to have 'road safe' mode for LEDs where:

- entire tail LEDs are constant red (which simply become brighter when braking). 

- no indicators (I think these are more dangerous than helpful)

- ability to set fixed colour for all front LEDs, or to switch them off entirely 

---

Please sort this Kingong - the wheel is otherwise great but forcing rainbow LEDs really isn't practical!

Edited by LewisF
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, LewisF said:

There's been a firmware update which includes "cycling and leisure status LED light effects 4 support APP color settings".

It sounded hopeful but I can't figure out what's changed or if it gives more control of the LEDs, I wish the app wasn't so cryptic...  Has anyone else had more luck?

For the first time since starting riding 7 years ago, I was stopped recently by police (here in UK), amazingly not because the EUC isn't legal on the road, but because the rainbow lights aren't legal for road riding! Very keen to see this sorted (for safety and more general discretion with the wheel) - I think the ideal would be to have 'road safe' mode for LEDs where:

- entire tail LEDs are constant red (which simply become brighter when braking). 

- no indicators (I think these are more dangerous than helpful)

- ability to set fixed colour for all front LEDs, or to switch them off entirely 

---

Please sort this Kingong - the wheel is otherwise great but forcing rainbow LEDs really isn't practical!

Completely agree! 

It's not just a question of aesthetics but of legality.

At least here in Spain, the only allowed lights on any kind of vehicle are:

- white in the front

- red in the tail

- yellow on both sides.

- blinking yellow for turning lights.

Probably is the same in many other countries.

Hope Kingsong would fix it asap.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Voyager said:

That is something you need fixed quickly, especially given the situation in the UK. It's ridiculous that there is not an option for a solid red rear light. Constant white would obviously be good for front also.

I'd not count on someone from KS reading your request here. 

Have you sent them an email?

If not, email them at this address with your concerns:  cs@kingsong.com

They should reply quite quickly. I sent them an email a couple of months ago; received a reply the next day. 

Ah I hadn't realised they had a support email - thanks so much for sharing!

I'll let you folks know if I get anywhere with it :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EUC BB said:

Updating the software to the latest version 2.3.9 can solve these problems.

Thank you! 

Do you have experience of how to change the LEDs? I had updated to 2.39 but still can't see an obvious way to customise the LEDs via the app. 

After downloading the SoftTuner and successfully connecting to the vehicle, you can turn off the RGB lights by upgrading the vehicle firmware and gauges to the latest version.
The new batch of S19s are updated to the latest version from the factory and won't be such a hassle.

SoftTuner APK(for Android):
 SoftTuner App link (for IOS):

This result is only a personal test. If you have any questions, please contact the Kingsong official account.

SoftTuner.png

Edited by EUC BB
not sure

On 1/7/2024 at 4:50 AM, ffontana said:

Completely agree! 

It's not just a question of aesthetics but of legality.

At least here in Spain, the only allowed lights on any kind of vehicle are:

- white in the front

- red in the tail

- yellow on both sides.

- blinking yellow for turning lights.

Probably is the same in many other countries.

Hope Kingsong would fix it asap.

Turn off the RGB lights and those lights will be more visible.

Edited by EUC BB

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 11:17 AM, EUC BB said:

Turn off the RGB lights and those lights will be more visible.

Just tried it.

If I turn off RGB lights I have no tail light at all, just braking and turning lights.

Am I doing something wrong or it still doesn't work?