Motor change

DE WOLF

Can it fit a EX30 motor on a Begode Master machine? Is the motor to wide? Does it have the same motor holes. 

I think putting it on the Masters motherboard wil be no problem. Who knows? 

1 hour ago, DE WOLF said:

Can it fit a EX30 motor on a Begode Master machine? Is the motor to wide? Does it have the same motor holes. 

I think putting it on the Masters motherboard wil be no problem. Who knows? 

Roger euc did exactly that, I believe. 

It's doable but you may have to space the battery packs to accommodate the wider rim/tire. Be careful with the batteries as well because 2400wh driving the c40 motor will likely drain faster and sag more.

4 hours ago, Whalesmash said:

It's doable but you may have to space the battery packs to accommodate the wider rim/tire. Be careful with the batteries as well because 2400wh driving the c40 motor will likely drain faster and sag more.

Thank you, great, I use Molicel oaks, a short race it will be :D, fast drain is not my worry, but sag makes me scary. I will try it out. Interesting 

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

Roger euc did exactly that, I believe. 

Yes, inspired me, and now my axle is broken in the commander, I need a new motor, so I will move the master motor in the commander, and give the master a new motor , ex30 motor seems a bit less money then the master motor ( c38)

1 hour ago, DE WOLF said:

Yes, inspired me, and now my axle is broken in the commander, I need a new motor, so I will move the master motor in the commander, and give the master a new motor , ex30 motor seems a bit less money then the master motor ( c38)

I don't understand. You were asking whether you can retrofit an EX30 motor into a Master.

But the Master uses a hollow bore motor.

If I am not mistaken, your Commander HT uses a solid axle.

Sounds like a lot of work. But I have no experience in this area.

Edited by techyiam

17 hours ago, techyiam said:

I don't understand. You were asking whether you can retrofit an EX30 motor into a Master.

That is true. Commander HT is solid axle.

Maybe it's possible by significantly modifying the inner shell of the commander. But the real estate around the shell between the battery packs might be too small on the commander.

You should log, record, and post up your work I'd you decide to do it. It'd be pretty interesting

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moarmoto said:

That is true. Commander HT is solid axle.

Maybe it's possible by significantly modifying the inner shell of the commander. But the real estate around the shell between the battery packs might be too small on the commander.

You should log, record, and post up your work I'd you decide to do it. It'd be pretty interesting

23 hours ago, techyiam said:

Commander gets a ‘new’ motor , small bearing open motor out of the master, I have pedal hanger for this job. I think this motor is identical to the Rs motor ( c38) so it should fit. ( I hope I am correct.

Master gets a real new motor, an EX30 , after moding it should fit as I untherstand, many thanks for your idea’s about this topic, 

Yes I will try to document my work in these new compositions.

Here you have the film of the commander problem discovered after Sunday. Long boring and Dutch spoken.