Wheel Ranch

novazeus

8 minutes ago, Crab said:

Sounds like you need starlink or a better cell provider?

i have at&t unlimited we never slow ur data down $230 a month. all lies.

i did site acquisition for wireless for three years. i know how it all works. 

have u ever been to a huge event like edc vegas, or a taylor swift concert, that's what i live next door to, 24/7. the deputie sheriffs assured me 911 calls would go thru in an emergency. two weekends ago, i couldn't even make a phonecall. glad u reminded me, i need to file another complaint to the fcc, they continue to let at&t advertise their lies and they sb making them build a tower right here on my property. i already have the perfect site for them, but these carriers would rsther provide shitty service than the expense of building another tower. they are gonna have to, and i'm gonna srew them so bad on their ground lease for pissing me off. 

come black friday weekend and beyond, thankfully for y'all, u won't hear from me because i won't have data. doesn't matter if i seitch carriers, the towers can only handle so much data, and because of this super regional shopping center next door and all the entertainment venues and restaurants and bars, and costco, etc etc etc. 

last year black friday shoppers couldn't leave the parking lot for 4 hours it was so congested. pita, but good if ur selling land next door. 

btw, i heard the contract is finalized soon, and other than checking on jason and the lynx, and the weather's nice, i'll be building the  wheel house and barn and riding. 3 v13's will keep me busy. i try to ride the s22 occasionally. it's geometry makes it the best burley wagon dragger.

1 hour ago, Crab said:

Sounds like you need starlink or a better cell provider?

i had fios, but i doubt u can have fios living offgrid. idk about starlink. ridiculously expensive when i checked on marine applications. idk what i'll do if the fcc and at&t don't figure it out. i'll get ronny desantis on them. being a wireless carrier has obligations. 

if at&t can sign up all these new users moving to florida at $200 a pop, and not build towers, that's good for their stockholders until long time customers like me all jump ship.

other than ordering in shit, and checking here to see what gotway/begode burned down last, just kidding, sorta, guess i'm too big of a chicken. marty's x-rays keep flashing in my memories. 

ya, i'm a scaredy cat when it comes to wheels. if i fratenized with humans at a wheel event, i wouldn't ride anybody else's wheel, even if they begged me, and i wouldn't let anybody ride my wheels. 

i was livid with inmotion after going thru the acclimation period with my v10 when they were first released, because they recalled them, and my wheel was literally showroom new, and they sent me back somebody else's banged up wheel. unbelievable. cancelled and made them refund my money, and bought the first real non toy wheel, the z10. and that tire was difficult as well. forum members said it couldn't be ridden slowly at max pressure.

so i did this.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

haha, i ditched t-mobile because of a lousy signal, different tower, went with at&t. 

depends where u live and tower traffic. all the towers are overloaded around me.

next week i'll be blacked out on black friday week.

not price, just service. won't happen until they build a tower here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 2:32 PM, Crab said:

At work (Boeing) I have much better service letting it drop to 2G service vs the 5G at times. There is like over 30k people working here I'm told.

i'll try that. the ground is shaking now with all the snowbirds on the interstate.

this is one acre circle and since i'm doing the fencing, one acre is planty big for a training area.

22 minutes ago, Crab said:

Not sure if you been following the v14 saga on Marty's page, apparently the demo Inmotion sent him was a dud...

yes i have, and i sent jason an email a little while ago requesting him return my deposit on the lynx. 

for me, for my 325 acres, the large diameter tire works best. 

and i'm over doing the repairs that the manufacturers or dealers should be doing. i'm giving them money and they are making me work, something wrong with that picture. had to fix the bad boy zero turn as well. labor on planet earth absolutely sucks and that's why i don't build anymore. 

no more first batch for me, and with jason dropping the price on the v14 to 2999 now, sb a lesson to all.

i'd pretty much feel like it's a safe bet later on, if i want a lynx, they will be available, if any good, and i seriously doubt they'll be more expensive than $4200.

how do u use ur wheel? determined to win the photo contest.

definitely gonna get good at tire changes because out here, the michelin pilot street 2 beats the knobby hands down. i might leave one v13 with a knobby. the knobby even running it at 42psi is too floaty over my grass surfaces.

DFC0AF31-155F-4082-8F7A-6DE4F2CAE9E0.jpeg.92822aacd39019a0c312a2a43505730d.jpeg

E20DCAA0-8055-4331-ABE4-B8B32E83D56E.jpeg.7c305924f736f5eb4263df50c6190d67.jpeg

7D81C077-BE76-48FE-B9A1-0C6C14CC6815.jpeg.2be296dfe202967ea44fa45ebb85ecfd.jpeg

did a comparison ride to the hill and back.

knobby

AB1FE13B-D6C9-4E8A-9EA1-D7DC0CFD6EC8.thumb.png.d6000c587fd7de73ed52992175ee87c0.png

street

6F79546F-ECBC-4727-BE5E-3325A072F0F9.thumb.png.f1b2a4fb1ece776b86c76e93b0d8a635.png

knobby

51BDCAA7-D38C-4F97-9F73-7AC4C0CBCA56.thumb.png.6750a8448ec96652fc2e291e54b714a3.png

street

07E0AF28-FF25-4E96-B995-7D3275464AAC.thumb.png.c37592f85e22e32a83013376afc7a964.png

Edited by novazeus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas.

taking today off. another 20 holes to dig. but i had big fun yesterday practicing on my new yard, or i should say, finally almost having a yard. just a few minutes here is like a month on pavement, esp with the v13's, as far as practice goes. no fear of falling or dropping the wheel. but way more difficult to control. so when i get on pavement, easy peasy, then drop down to my lowered pedaled and moved forward s22diypro or my incoming real latest batch s22pro. be interesting to compare the two pros side by side. 

2AA16B8C-8D9F-4738-BBA9-1FAADFFAADA5.thumb.jpeg.7760b5d6bdcac9f0e19ea219e298677d.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

my knee injury has slowed me a bit, but i did manage to play with my 920 pound 54" wheel.

suppose to rain and then i'm gonna see what it does on moist ground. it def makes it smoother.

this cold weather has flattened the grass where i could almost ride anywhere. but see those weeds, they'll grab a pedal, spin u around and faceplant u.

390DBD94-1B9C-4837-9E8C-18D82EDC0746.thumb.jpeg.f17229130184a311e3abca4fde9ae3b7.jpeg

not tmrw, haha, these things take time, but with this location, i think i'm gonna build a mini convention center showroom for every wheel and scooter. and a service center to repair them. 

anybody coming down i-75 passes by my 8/10ths of a mile frontage on this i-75 i-275 apex. so if ur headed to see mickey, u could drop off the missus next door at the super regional shopping center and mosey over to the demonstation center and try out what ever wheels u wanted to. it's not about profiting selling wheels, it's about getting humans familiar with them and on them. 

from a real estate standpoint, this land is too expensive for inmotion or any manufacturer or dealer like jason to buy, and jason likes the west coast evidently, sure is better storage out there than miami. this is about getting wheels exposed. i wouldn't even sell wheels here, i'd help u set them up or work on them, but u buy from whomever, i don't want the liability. 

eventually, whatever i put say next year on my interstate frontage, might have to yield way to a more economically higher and best use, like an office building. 

i know i'd love to live near a place that worked on wheels. and Bob and i would probably pet uber there so daddy could try a wheel. this buying blind is such a crapshoot, why i go for redundacy when they do what i want. just tools. inmotion, king song, makita, bluetti etc. makita is pretty awesome btw. bluetti, not so much but working now so not bad mouthing.

• Like 1

so my california apt developer just so happened to build an apt complex near this. he had his first pre-mpud meeting with the county on tuesday and they love my ideas about this pev connected community not putting more cars on the road. 

plus i'm giving the county row they want. but besides the mega dog country club for Bob and his friends, and since this is a bedroom community with lots of little people, i think i'll build this or some facsimile thereof. 

haha, my california developer was out trying to kill these coyotes for me this afternnon. no luck.