New V8S, side LEDs have never turned on…

CodyWan

Hi, I’m brand new to the EUC world. Just got the V8S this weekend, brand new from Amazon. I’m learning lots and I think have the hang of riding. However, since day 1 I haven’t been able to get to side custom LEDs to turn on, much less display any colors or content. Is this a firmware issue? I’m aware of the settings in the app. The app connects well to my wheel and even lets me change my angle, pedal stiffness, turn on the headlight etc. seemingly everything but the side LEDs works just fine. 

Is there something else I’m missing here? How the hell do I get these to turn on? Do I just have a bad wheel?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2023 at 07:02, CodyWan said:

Bonjour, je suis tout nouveau dans le monde EUC. Je viens de recevoir le V8S ce week-end, tout nouveau d'Amazon. J'apprends beaucoup et je pense avoir les compétences nécessaires pour rouler. Cependant, depuis le premier jour, je n'ai pas pu accéder aux LED personnalisées pour les allumer, et encore moins pour afficher des couleurs ou du contenu. Est-ce un problème de firmware ? Je connais les paramètres de l'application. L'application se connecte bien à mon volant et me permet même de modifier l'angle, la rigidité de la pédale, d'allumer le phare, etc. apparemment, tout sauf les LED latérales fonctionne très bien. 

Y a-t-il autre chose qui me manque ici ? Comment diable puis-je les allumer ? Est-ce que j'ai juste une mauvaise roue ?

Sorry to tell you, there is no longer a side LED in the latest inmotion v8s...Saving $5 on materials and 5 minutes of assembly...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/24/2023 at 10:41 AM, v8nice said:

Sorry to tell you, there is no longer a side LED in the latest inmotion v8s...Saving $5 on materials and 5 minutes of assembly...

Scrapping the LEDs would be fine by me, if only the wheel had a tail light deserving this name to begin with.

On 11/24/2023 at 5:41 AM, v8nice said:

Oh I dunno... the LED arrays in my V8F seem unnecessarily complicated and I would think there would be real savings (or at least reduced heacaches) from removing this marginally-useful feature.  The LEDs are wired incorrectly on my wheel; I never know which lights are going to turn on when I enable them in the app...  

• 2 weeks later...