Begode ex.n clicking sound

billi

Hey, for the past two days, I've been experiencing strange symptoms, strange sounds in my begode ex.n. When turning left, I hear a ticking, clicking sound at any speed, whether it's a gentle or hard turn. It's consistently the same sound, clicking or ticking, and the volume remains the same. When driving straight, nothing happens, I can't hear it, and there are no symptoms when turning right either. The only thing I checked was if something got stuck between the wheel and the housing or on the left side of the tire. I don't see anything. Does anyone know what could be the cause? Is this normal?

Just in case check your valve stem.. It may be moving in the rim hole. - YES!!! 1-2mm spacing in the rim hole is enough room to make the clicking sound.

Also check if the valve stem is coming out that side where sound is coming from.. (From same side where you are turning and noise happening.)

I had the same issue when turning right - i had a clicking sound.. And my valve stem came out right side. Somehow when tire/valve part connected to ground, the tire got suppressed little bit and made the valve move, as soon as tire/valve part left the ground, it would spring back making the clicking sound.

I simply put heatshrink over the valve stem part - it made the stem thicker and sit more snugly in the rim hole. 

I was searching 1-2 weeks from where the sound was coming. :D Also it started to happen suddenly - it wasn't making that noise all the time. One day it started and didn't stop... Who would ever think that valve stem was making the noise.

Edited by Funky

https://www.veed.io/view/44112b57-9bb3-4d09-a39a-0eabd476f31a?sharingWidget=true&panel=

https://streamable.com/702gpw

Perhaps it's the bearings, as you said. When I have a moment, I'll take a look there. However, on my way back from work, I recorded this noise, so maybe someone has already experienced a similar sound and knows more about it.

• 7 months later...
On 9/14/2023 at 12:29 AM, billi said:

Perhaps today, after work, I'll find some time to start disassembling the wheel and look deeper. For now, I'm using my electric bike and electric skateboard, so it doesn't have to be ready just yet.

Did you find a solution for this issue?