What do I master next?

ninebot one p

I got the basic down riding more that 20 feet... two months. Getting on with out holding on to something and tight left and right turns... third month. Going backward and forward,,, fourth month. I guess I will try riding with one foot. I also need to learn how to turn my head while going back ward. What would you try to master next? Am I forgetting something?

After reverse riding, one leg riding, reverse one leg riding, I'm afraid the next Godly level in unicycle riding will have to be mastered by fasting, meditation, and be a direct disciple from the masters in Shaolin temple in China. 

On the serious note, the thing that I want to learn besides those skills, is idling by moving in a small a square foot space without having to step off. 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 5:56 AM, johrhoj said:

What about curbs? How high a curb can you jump on?

No not yet that would be a good skill to learn. The we are blessed with many wheel chair ramps in Los Angels and Burbank, CA.

Any suggestion? How did you start? Is it just a matter of clamping on to the EUC with your ankles?

To be honest, i am pretty unsecure on curbs of 10cm high and higher. I did practice, mostly by reducing my weight on the pedals and let the wheel "bounce" up the curb. I did lift the wheel by clamping it between my legs and jump, but my ankles started to complain immediately. In everyday use I never need to take curbs that high. 

On Friday, March 04, 2016 at 4:29 AM, ninebot one p said:

Any suggestion? How did you start? Is it just a matter of clamping on to the EUC with your ankles?

I started by putting a length of 6x2" timber across my driveway and going across it repeatedly, then I graduated to a couple 4" concrete blocks.

You can vary it a little for more fun by riding along the timber and later putting it across and between the concrete blocks. The only limit is your imagination. :)

Archived