King Song F-series performance wheels

techyiam

Denis Hagov revealed that the new performance F-series electric wheels from Kingsong will have 3330 Wh battery.

If we assume LG M50LT cells, which have a nominal voltage of 3.7 V, as oppose to 3.6 nominal voltage for Samsung cells, and 30 cells,

126 V maximum charging voltage:

30 cells * 3.7 V (nominal) * 5 Ah * 6P = 3330 Wh

For me, I kinda prefer 3330 Wh over 4440 Wh for 8P, at least for my next, or next next wheel. I don't think I would need a 4440 Wh wheel just yet.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to King Song F-series performance wheels

I’d be interested in F22 with 3330 Wh battery if it also came with a better slider system. Sounds like an obvious choice to make the battery boxes bigger and try to reuse the good parts of S22. They need to be redesigned anyway because of the open rails. 

• Upvote 1

Me thinks for the F-Series, Kingsong would need to be doing something that would get our minds to stop dwelling on a couple of big negatives of the S22, which is kind of dragging Kingsong down at the moment. They need to move past this.

From what Denis Hagov said, we know that it will probably be 126 V. And I surmise that Kingsong will be doing a 6P battery configuration, and thus 3330 Wh.

I am OK with that. I don't think that they have to do 134.4 V or higher, if they can achieve competitive motor performance.

As their first F-series wheel, I would prefer Kingsong to do a 20" wheel with 3330 Wh battery, and a higher top speed, something like 80 km/h.

Essentially, Kingsong will be chasing after the Sherman S. The Sherman S uses the Samsung 50E cells: 100.8V, 8P battery configuration.

24 cells * 3.6 V * 5 Ah * 8P = 3456 Wh

3330 Wh is not that far from 3456 Wh.

Plus Leaper Kim may move the Sherman S to 126 V. But if they do, they will lose the 8P.

Moreover, Kingsong needs to have at least one feature or characteristic that will make this wheel desirable to own, that is in addition to having a suspension that can compete with the Sherman S.

In 2024, there probably will be a 20" Inmotion Adventure, a 20" Inmotion Challenger, a Kingsong F-Series wheel, and a Begode Extreme 30. Who knows maybe something from Extreme Bull too.

It is sounding like 2024 will be another exciting year for electric wheels.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

3330 Wh is not that far from 3456 Wh.

I agree, 134V vs. 126V should not make a meaningful enough difference in top speed or battery size to choose 134V just for that. 126V is fine, see the Patton. Wheel design and features will count more.

(Nitpick: it's 3240Wh (instead of 3330Wh) if you use 3.6V here, too. I prefer to just count cells. 180 cells vs 192, or 15/16th of that, which is 93.75%.)

• Upvote 1