Inmotion v11 - 3 Defects in a brand new EUC

MasoX

Hello, a few days ago I finally received my first EUC - Inmotion v11. Unfortunately, even though it is brand new, it has 3 defects. I have written to the distributor (from Alibaba) but I have not received a reply yet. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to advise me on how to solve these problems.

1. The unicycle does not stand on the kickstand. It always flips to one side. I try it on a flat surface.

Video 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TbbKKksOVBFX7TpirJI2-C0ribhjMDHP/view?usp=sharing

2. When the balancing is on, the unicycle emits a rather loud vibrations. It's not as loud as other videos I've seen though, but it doesn't sound right to me. I thought the EUC should be quiet...

Video2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TMNnr8RPa39EAdKw0I5qEJxAXne5MWmP/view?usp=sharing

3. The unicycle makes squealing noises when springing. It's possible that this problem only appeared after tightened some screws in hopes that this would solve problem #2 (which it didn't. At least not completely). Is it possible that I tightened the screws too much and caused friction in the suspension?

Video 3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TYIjc49clLLKuzoPbrAW4Uu8qQzh5mxc/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Like 1

@MasoX I was just reading a thread on here yesterday about someone's kickstand getting caught in their wheel, causing it lock up resulting in broken bones. Something to watch out for with that design. It's on the V12, so not sure if it has the same metal wire kickstand or not.

Also, there is a thread on here about a V11Y with some improvements , in the works. Maybe you can trade up when that comes out?

I cannot comment on the sounds you are hearing, but please update here with what you find.

The kickstand issue seems abnormal assuming the floor is level and the wheel still falls to its right if you face it the opposite direction.

Probably not helpful for this purchase, but it’s recommended to buy from a reputable dealer due to the poor quality control of the manufacturers and difficulty of obtaining warranty support otherwise. The first V11 shipped to me had a bad battery out of the box and had to be returned. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 12:01 PM, MasoX said:

it has 3 defects

Thanks for the well documented post! It helps so much in finding the solutions.

1. The kickstand on the V11 is very unstable by design, and I can see tiny manufacturing or assembly variations causing an issue like this. Unfortunately I’m not sure what else can be done about it than to check the alignment of the kickstand wire connection brackets, and that the wire itself is perfectly symmetrical. But even if you can’t find a solution, if it’s any consolation the kickstand can’t be used anywhere but your home next to a wall anyway.

2. It is normal for EUCs to emit a small sound when the magnets in the motor align just in a certain way. Though there is a motor calibration process in the app you can try after seeing the wheel on the floor on it’s side.

3. That indeed sounds like a slight suspension alignment squeak. Did you loosen/tighten the bolts that connect the handle to the long vertical suspension bars? That’s the only place I can imagine causing an alignment issue like this, as long as the shock pressures are identical of course.

Btw, does it squeak if you stand on the wheel and slightly hop up and down?

Squeak or not, it’s a good idea to apply a wax based lubrication on the suspension rails to make them operate more smoothly and to decrease wear. I personally use just candle wax, but I’ve heard that there are some bicycle chain waxes with PTFE that might be even better.