"Monowheel", "hydraulic suspension", and other nomenclature

techyiam

Is this a pretty fair statement about naming niche objects:

The name ends up being used mainly to refer to it with outsiders or when writing about it.

The in-group really doesn't use the name that much in conversation with the in-group, especially if the thing is present to gesture at.

Also: It should be noted that the name of this website is "ElectronicWheels.org" after all...:roflmao:

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

That's where I'm confused. What is this "until now" of which you speak? Was there a decree from the heavens?  

YES. This right here. It's just inescapable. If a person has ever seen a unicycle, when they see our wheels, they use the word …

:laughbounce2:     

Edited by Paul g
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

There is a group of local riders that dress up like power rangers and ride around. 🤣

I'm waiting for someone to ride around with one of these -

image.thumb.jpeg.a71f83943f7365d6a26cf0f1a777cf37.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c36d25cb38e677ef587d56758b23e734.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kurtosis said:

And still all I ever hear through this argument is "Penis wheel".

Yes, once again we are made aware of your fixation on the penis (wheel). Thank you for not elaborating with graphic imagery.

9 hours ago, UPONIT said:

YES. This right here. It's just inescapable. If a person has ever seen a unicycle, when they see our wheels, they use the word "unicycle" either unprompted, or, if you are like me and ask in a congenial manner "I'm curious, Mr. Bystander, what would you call it?" they include "unicycle." It's a one wheeled thing you ride.

When I first saw one, my first thought was "WTF? A unicycle with a motor! How does that work?" The next one I saw was parked and the owner said it was an "electric unicycle." Google told me it was an EUC. I overheard a flock of EUC riders (LOL) using the term "wheel."

And here we are.

On 8/15/2023 at 6:20 PM, InfiniteWheelie said:

IMG_0530.jpeg

Expand  

Nice try! 

If anyone on this forum would ever walk up to someone on an EUC and say "Nice electric wheel." Please raise your hand. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.:D

Nice wheel dude! or

What wheel is that? or

Nice [insert model here], man! or (most likely)

Wow! Your _____'s beat to sh*t! Did you ride off a cliff? 

We've found the guy standing on the left :lol:

8 hours ago, Vanturion said:

Challenge accepted. Just biding my time now where I will assert my non-existent hyper masculine Aryan beard and tastefully groomed up-do to flex, most prodigiously, the Aristotelian-derived homo-superiorus lingo born of the ascended man upon the sniveling neck-bearded redditors and their barely-recognizable child-like lingual grasp concerning gods e-chariot, *clears throat*

Nice electric wheel. ;)

Great job! And look, I get it, not everyone is on such a level. The great unwashed can simply use the short form “e-wheel” (which joking aside, could easily be used in real life).

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1