Hero headlight won't turn off after firmware update

I updated to the latest firmware on a used Hero that I recently bought using EUCWorld (I say "update" but after the fact I realized EUCWorld just lets you update as many times as you want, even if you're on the latest firmware, so I can't say for sure I was on an old version before I did this). Now the headlight setting that used to be "off" isn't off anymore. There is no way to explicitly turn off the headlights. When using the Begode app and toggling the headlights, when the app says they're supposed to be off, they are not. Is this an issue other people are having? Is there a way I can downgrade to older firmware (should I?)? Is there anything I can do about it?

4 hours ago, ursi said:

I updated to the latest firmware on a used Hero that I recently bought using EUCWorld (I say "update" but after the fact I realized EUCWorld just lets you update as many times as you want, even if you're on the latest firmware, so I can't say for sure I was on an old version before I did this). Now the headlight setting that used to be "off" isn't off anymore. There is no way to explicitly turn off the headlights. When using the Begode app and toggling the headlights, when the app says they're supposed to be off, they are not. Is this an issue other people are having? Is there a way I can downgrade to older firmware (should I?)? Is there anything I can do about it?

You can install any version of the firmware that you want, new or old. Use EUC World. Probably worth a try to install an older version and see if that helps.

How do I get ahold of a different firmware? I saw a video where someone had a "downgrade firmware option", but it must have been an old version of the app because I do not have it. All I have is "Firmware update" and when I tap that, I am shown a single firmware option.

On 5/1/2023 at 9:05 PM, ursi said:

How do I get ahold of a different firmware? I saw a video where someone had a "downgrade firmware option", but it must have been an old version of the app because I do not have it. All I have is "Firmware update" and when I tap that, I am shown a single firmware option.

EUC World allows you to upgrade/downgrade the firmware. If you are stuck on iPhone maybe Darknessbot also provides that functionality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Indeed in the latest firmware you can not turn off the light. This is not a problem for me, you will simply have the light on during the day, and it will not be seen. I don't think it has much of an impact on battery consumption either. My opinion is that you just don't have to worry about it, I think it's better to have the latest firmware even if you can't turn off the light.

• Confused 1

The modded pwm tiltback firmware is only available for this firmware as well, which makes it worth it. Glad to know there's not something wrong with my wheel though.

• Like 1