Battery voltage drop

nico87

Hi, i noticed the battery voltage at full charge of my monster v3 has decreased from 100.8v to 100.2, do you think its normal that the battery is loosing capacity due to usage (i'm past 6300km) or is something not working? I thought about the battery failing to cell balancing or maybe some problem in the charger? 

Edited by nico87

Keep an eye on it an continue riding

It could be a warning sign, but it could also be a voltage meter that's off. On my msx the pack can be 84.0v in real life but eucworld shows 82.6v. I've learned to live with it.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 11:48 PM, nico87 said:

Hi, i noticed the battery voltage at full charge of my monster v3 has decreased from 100.8v to 100.2

It’s really good that you are watching the full voltage! That’s a great way to ensure that you’ll catch any issues early.

100.2V is still a very normal voltage after a charge. But I would still make sure to balance the cell groups by leaving the charger connected for an hour or two after it turns green, and then leaving the wheel be for several hours before going for a ride. Do this a few times and the voltage might as well get back up.

On 4/28/2023 at 11:48 PM, nico87 said:

loosing capacity

Maximum voltage doesn’t represent capacity, so the maximum voltage shouldn’t drop no matter how much the cells aged. But charger outputs and voltage measurement components do drift with time, which is why small changes are to be expected.