Reusing tube filled with Slime / Armour Dilloz

Stevebee

I’m planning on changing my tyre on the V11. It has been filled with Slime and never punctured.

Is it ok to reuse the tube with the new tyre. Any possible issues in getting tyre off etc..?

Or should I order a new tube, I have more bottles of Slime so could use on the new tube if that is 5he best option

Just now, Bizra6ot said:

It's ok, just when the motor is out think to let it rest for about 30 seconds a minute valve up to have only a micro drop of slime out so you don't have to clean and refill

I 2nd that.

Otherwise a lot of Slime may spew out. By keeping the valve stem at the highest point and let the Slime slide down to the bottom inside the inner tube, you can then let the air out without leaking out a lot of the Slime.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Was tempted to get the tyre change done by my Dealer but leaning more to having a go myself now. I’ve changed dozens of bicycle tyre before - it’s just the electronic side is a bit of an unknown but I’ll follow @mrelwood guide as it’s also a V11. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevebee said:

I’m planning on changing my tyre on the V11. It has been filled with Slime and never punctured.

Is it ok to reuse the tube with the new tyre. Any possible issues in getting tyre off etc..?

Or should I order a new tube, I have more bottles of Slime so could use on the new tube if that is 5he best option

Yes you can i do it with my MSP HT and all fine until i make snake bites on stainless steel drain channel.