Sherman-S/patton shock decision

stephen

1 hour ago, dredwheel said:

what up. your vids convinced me to put that pre-order down on e-wheels. wouldn't it be better to err on the side of caution and go 66?

yeah the 62 felt really good but I usually carry more than when I was videoing I'm probably just over the 62lb shock limit and didn't want a 66lb if it has more stiffness , my retailer has the 62 but said he can get me a 66 if I wanted, just making sure so I can change it to 66 I don't want to much sag , the 62 felt really good , yeah I agree if your on the border of shock weights just get the 66 and set it softer if need be,,, thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

yeah the 62 felt really good but I usually carry more than when I was videoing I'm probably just over the 62lb shock limit and didn't want a 66lb if it has more stiffness , my retailer has the 62 but said he can get me a 66 if I wanted, just making sure so I can change it to 66 I don't want to much sag , the 62 felt really good , yeah I agree if your on the border of shock weights just get the 66 and set it softer if need be,,, thanks 

the wheel looks so smooth. even the railroad suspension test looked good. were there any particulars about the suspension that you didn't like? i'm trying to mitigate my expectations, but it's hard. everybody who tries it seems to love the shit out of it.

4 minutes ago, dredwheel said:

the wheel looks so smooth. even the railroad suspension test looked good. were there any particulars about the suspension that you didn't like? i'm trying to mitigate my expectations, but it's hard. everybody who tries it seems to love the shit out of it.

i want to say something about it but can't for the life in me think of anything especially (anything negative) 

and you are right everyone who tried it loved it instantly you didn't even have to adjust its just so balanced so easy to ride

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/13/2023 at 8:55 AM, Rollin-on-1 said:

I asked Bradley at Eevee's what he considered to be the minimum rider weight for a Patton with the 66lb spring. As far as I'm aware, they may be the only ones that have demoed one and his weight is pretty close to mine. He responded and said he thought the 66lb spring would be good for anyone 170 lbs or more, and even lighter if doing jumps or big drops.  Based on his feedback, I changed my pre-order to the 66 lb spring.  My riding weight fully geared is around 185lbs. 

For context, I briefly rode a Sherman-S with a 62lb spring on the default settings and I found it a little soft for my preference. I like to have a little more feedback from the road.  I am sure that with more pre-load and stiffer compression the 62lb spring would be fine, but I am going with the higher spring rate so I have more room for adjustment when needed.  When I changed my order, I was told that the majority of Patton pre-orders are for the 66lb option.

I will provide my impressions once I get it.

We are the same weight, how's the 66lbs treating you?

12 hours ago, hydracricket said:

We are the same weight, how's the 66lbs treating you?

No complaints. I have preload at the factory delivered position and I have compression nearly maxed out and rebound a little above half way.  I feel the road but it eats up the big imperfections.  It is probably stiffer than some may prefer, but I like to feel planted and have feedback from the riding surface.  10/10 would buy 66lb again if I was doing it all over.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 8:39 AM, Rollin-on-1 said:

No complaints. I have preload at the factory delivered position and I have compression nearly maxed out and rebound a little above half way.  I feel the road but it eats up the big imperfections.  It is probably stiffer than some may prefer, but I like to feel planted and have feedback from the riding surface.  10/10 would buy 66lb again if I was doing it all over.

Excellent, thank you! I'm probably not going to upgrade until Spring so I'll see how the market changes by then, but 66lb Patton is on the top of my list. 

• Like 1