Mten4 range is different in EUC world when comparing to gps? (HELP!)

I've been bothered by the range I'm getting on my mten4 600Wh 40T, as reported by EUC World. For instance, today I got 12.10 miles from 100% charge to 1% (see pictures attached).

HOWEVER, when I open EUC world from the main speedometer section, if you swipe up on your Android phone you will then notice a new screen of EUC World that says "gps". This section does not say 12.10 miles; this section says 18.31 miles, so they are wildly different as far as ranges.

Also, if I open google timeline I will notice it tells me I did 17 miles today on the mten4, which is also different than the 12.10 miles reported on EUC World app.

WHAT IS MORE ACCURATE? Is it the main screen section of the EUC World app? Is it the gps section of EUC World app? Or is google timeline gps more accurate? Knowing which is more accurate may explain my true overall range for my mten4 600Wh 40T.

ALL PICTURES I TOOK FROM MY PHONE ARE ATTACHED. The pictures are titled to let you know what you're looking at.

1% with about 2% voltage sag (idling is 3%)_TOP SPEED due to free spin of wheel.jpgis this the gps part of euc world.jpgidling at 3%.jpgidling at 3% (2).jpggoogle maps timeline says 17 miles (2).jpggoogle maps timeline says 17 miles.jpgoutside temps.jpg

Edited by BKW

That is interesting. The GPS should be pretty accurate if the phone GPS signal is good and not spazzing out and drawing points all over the place, which it looks like it is, but the GPS usually is slightly under the wheel reported.

Maybe some discrepancy of what the tire diameter actually is and what EUC world or the wheel thinks it is, which would give a pretty big difference in reported speed and distance and actual. Or the begode km/h versus mph confusion coming back again, with the gps error factored in.

Edited by chanman

27 minutes ago, chanman said:

That is interesting. The GPS should be pretty accurate if the phone GPS signal is good and not spazzing out and drawing points all over the place, which it looks like it is, but the GPS usually is slightly under the wheel reported.

Maybe some discrepancy of what the tire diameter actually is and what EUC world or the wheel thinks it is, which would give a pretty big difference in reported speed and distance and actual. Or the begode km/h versus mph confusion coming back again, with the gps error factored in.

I'm not sure. I have noticed when I run the Pandora music app it does weird things to my gps sometimes, which I did have running during this range test. But this range per mile is what I've been noticing for a while, so I don't think the Pandora app messed up the readings.

When you say, "the GPS usually is slightly under the wheel reported", I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Are you saying that true GPS is usually lower than what the real mileage/distance is? Also, are you referring to the GPS on EUC World or Google maps? They appear to be different gps readings.

Nonetheless, I was advised a while ago to drain the battery down as far as possible, hook it up to a wall power meter to charge, watch the Kwh rise from 0% to 100%.... hopefully this will shown signs if something is wrong? I'm just going off the advice of ewheels and don't really know what to expect or what I'm looking at exactly.

Edited by BKW

21 minutes ago, BKW said:

the GPS usually is slightly under the wheel reported

Right, I usually see something like 20 miles on GPS is 22 miles on the wheel odometry, manufacturers seem to overreport the distance/speeds a tad, but this is much larger of a difference and the wheel odometry is actually less than the gps, so something funky going on, not sure if there's a km/miles conversation issue, which I think was caused and fixed by firmware updates, and there's an added setting in EUC world for this, or maybe some error with the tire diameter.

The EUC world versus google maps gps distance I'm not super concerned about, maybe euc world started recording earlier or there's a little difference in how they do math.

Edited by chanman

19 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

mph/kph conversion error ~12mi=18km 
There is an option in the settings to correct it, try to activate it

I know what option in the app you are referring to, and I made sure to have the app read in miles and read in hours. However, there seems to be multiple ways to change mileage/km in the app and perhaps I change the wrong one. Pretty sure I did not though because when I tried to change one of the settings it jumped from 12 miles to 44 miles, so I switched it back. So I'm pretty sure I have the right one selected, or else it would read in km.

Perhaps next time I ride I will switch back and forth from miles to km and take screenshots.

Would you guys suggest I go off another gps besides EUC World since EUC World seems to be giving inaccurate distances? Perhaps I can download another app to track my distance?

So far, I've been charging the mten4 from 0-1%.... right now it is at 55% on EUC World and the Kwh read so far are (0.243Kwh, or 243Wh). I have the 600Wh 40T battery, so I am assuming at 50% charge I should have a reading of .300Kwh, or 300Wh?

If at 55% it's charged 243Wh when it should be 300Wh, would you say something is wrong? It looks wrong to me

I'll report back when the mten4 is completely charged and say how much Kwh has been charged from an empty battery

Edited by BKW

Alright, so after 5 hours of charging using the kuman KW47-US power meter, I got my final reading. I started around roughly 0-2% battery on the mten4 600Wh 40T, then I charged it until it went to 100% and the green light on the charger indicated full charge. The test was to check how much KWh was it taking to fill the battery to full. After the test was complete, it was pretty much dead on the money at 0.601KWh (see attached pictures).

A couple things to take note of:

1. This is an 84V wheel. At around 82V on EUC World it said it was 100% charged, but the KWh on the meter did not yet read 0.600KWh. I think it still had a way to go, maybe 0.50KWh or more! I was surprised by this because the KWh on the power meter read close to 0.500Kwh when on EUC world it said it was 100% charged but only 82V at that point.
  2. Because the Kwh on the metter did not yet reach 0.600KWh, EUC World did not yet read 84V, and because the charger was still red and not yet green indicating it was not finished charging, I waited it out more. Finally, around 0.601Kwh the charger turned green indicating it was completely charged, and EUC World read 84V at 100% charge, this is when I knew it was completely done.

So after this I believe the batteries are good. I think this whole issue is likely because EUC World is not recording accurate miles for some reason. I know this because on google timeline gps it reads closer to 17-18 miles, while on EUC World it reads 12 miles until battery is completely drained. 17-18 miles is closer to the marketed range of 20 miles given by ewheels for the 600Wh 40T battery on the mten4s, and I was also not in ideal riding conditions the whole time either, so 17-18 miles sounds pretty accurate.

I think I'm going to do one last test, but I'll be using different apps to gauge gps range. If the issue is that EUC World is not measuring the distance correctly, then multiple apps that also calculate distance via gps should tell me the true distance.

I'll follow up in the future when I get other reading from other gps apps.

(Left is when the charger went green indicating full charge, and right is proving batteries are fine charging up to 84V, 100% charge):

1915199898_finalkwh.thumb.jpg.2fe7cb1191f140b289dc7bb95ba042b8.jpg1757183293_finalvolagereading.thumb.jpg.043506714930e0f61ae53b73645e0b80.jpg

Edited by BKW

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 2:23 AM, BKW said:

So far, I've been charging the mten4 from 0-1%.... right now it is at 55% on EUC World and the Kwh read so far are (0.243Kwh, or 243Wh). I have the 600Wh 40T battery, so I am assuming at 50% charge I should have a reading of .300Kwh, or 300Wh?

If at 55% it's charged 243Wh when it should be 300Wh, would you say something is wrong? It looks wrong to me

I'll report back when the mten4 is completely charged and say how much Kwh has been charged from an empty battery

Some low end might be provisioned for durability, so 0% might not be actually 0. But this is added complexity so I doubt that's actually it. Battery charge is read indirectly by the reported voltage. (generally, idk the insides of eucworld) So what I suspect is, is that this is just voltage sag. One reason is that when the wheel is active, there is a load. But also, all cells won't be drained equally, and the pack is essentially more unbalanced when it's drained than when it's been fully charged. And you don't want to keep draining all batteries until they're all exhausted, because then you'll drain a cell beyond spec. (As the cell don't go to 0V, but generally 0.7-0.9V) And vice versa, this is also the reason why people like to charge or balance with progressively lower Amps as charge nears 100%.You might notice that after idling or shutting off for a while without charging, your reported voltage (or charge) also appear to go up for these reasons.

Edited by Annihilist