Have we reached “the road to 60” yet?

Vam Monaco

I feel like I might have asked this question before (please ban the fuсk out of me if I have) but have they made a 60 mph electric unicycle yet?

If not, has anyone modified an EUC to go 60? What is the current world record?

35 minutes ago, Vam Monaco said:

If not, has anyone modified an EUC to go 60?

If you are talking 60 GPS then the answer is no, the v-13 has been brought past the 56mph limit to 58 and there are plans from inmotion to unlock it to 60 which in tern will be able to be pushed past to probably 62mpg. The ex30 i think can do 55 but nobody has been brave enough to push a begode wheel past that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/14/2023 at 9:36 PM, Cerbera said:

Ask the people that have done it, or close to it on existing wheels how easy it is

I maxed out an Abrams and got pretty close to 50. I had to put both arms behind my back and roll my shoulders back. What's amazing about going that fast is how you can steer with your arms. Extending your right hand will turn you left and vice/versa.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 2:03 AM, sbb said:

If someone does pull it off, I expect they'll do it sitting.

might as well be 'sitting' in a nice sports car doing a leisurely 120,130kph... along side your partner in the passenger seat....on the way to a nice mountain side cafe....to enjoy a delicous breakfast or brunch.....

you are correct though... for the brave (or reckless) individual that will crack 100kph,  he/she will have to be seated to extract the most stability from their fragile body.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sbb said:

Sooo... actually it's a matter of aerodynamics.

i would guess so,  like a few people mention that the faster you go, the more effect the air resistance has on the rider...i will never find out....let some young whipper snapper test that out....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, superox said:

What's spooky about 60 mph speeds is the braking distance. EUCs already brake poorly compared to two-wheelers with physical brakes, and the faster you go the more substantial that disadvantage becomes.

thats a VERY VALID POINT....basically, eucs cant brake but rather slow down quickly.....

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Noah H.S. said:

As the sport matures, I expect we'll see track racing at those speeds. Same danger level as motorcycle racing, with the same safety gear.

Same danger level? Two wheels are twice more stable. Simplistically said.

An EUCs' characteristics dictate they fall. Swiftly and unexpectedly.

This reminds me of the basic characteristic of a cardiovascular patient - dying suddenly.