S22 Bluetooth disconnections

level9

I've noticed on hard acceleration that the bluetooth disconnects - then reconnects a few seconds later.

By hard acceleration I mean I have the pedals shifted forward and good pads installed in order to really give it some gas.

I assume this is a safety feature where the wheel has insufficient power and drops the bluetooth instead of the rider (much appreciated I guess?). I haven't seen this before on other wheels and am curious if anyone else has seen this. I've had 2 different motherboards and they've both done the same so assume this is a 'feature'?

42 minutes ago, level9 said:

I've noticed on hard acceleration that the bluetooth disconnects - then reconnects a few seconds later.

By hard acceleration I mean I have the pedals shifted forward and good pads installed in order to really give it some gas.

I assume this is a safety feature where the wheel has insufficient power and drops the bluetooth instead of the rider (much appreciated I guess?). I haven't seen this before on other wheels and am curious if anyone else has seen this. I've had 2 different motherboards and they've both done the same so assume this is a 'feature'?

I highly doubt it's a feature... bluetooth takes minuscule amounts of power. I'm guessing it's too much electromagnetic interference for the bluetooth link. Can be a function of poor shielding on the wheel, or the phone, or both. Try moving your phone to your other pocket? The magnitude of the interference will change depending on the location of your phone...

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I highly doubt it's a feature... bluetooth takes minuscule amounts of power. I'm guessing it's too much electromagnetic interference for the bluetooth link. Can be a function of poor shielding on the wheel, or the phone, or both. Try moving your phone to your other pocket? The magnitude of the interference will change depending on the location of your phone...

hrmm interesting theory. I actually have the phone attached to my wrist with an armband holder but I'll pay closer attention to where my arm is located and see if that makes a difference. Maybe it's my superman pose :laughbounce2:

My G7 Play in the cargo pocket puts it pretty close to the motherboard/bluetooth module... connection is pretty solid there but I don't superman. There's one specific spot on my regular route that will interrupt the music connection… bluetooth 'works', but it's not a particularly robust system.

Phones are strange in a lot of ways—yesterday, for the second time in 2+ years the G7 decided it needed to reboot. Battery fine, everything else nominal, but it rebooted nonetheless.