Do other wheel manufacturers pull moves like this?

2disbetter

Yes, LeaperKim announced a few months back an extension of warranty on the motor and mainboard to 24 months, and 18 months on the battery in a statement.
What was not stated back then was how long is the warranty for other components, and I've leaned at my expense that suspension for instance on the Sherman S is covered for only 6 months. And that's 6 months from the manufacturing date.

I understood that only after buying, assuming that it would be 24 months on everything but the battery. Actually no.

Now, what this statement from Inmotion says is

24 months from manufacturing date (not including storage or shipping) for:

• controller & mainboard
  • motor

18 months from manufacturing date for:

• battery

How long is the warranty for the V13 suspension? The display, the top frame, the headlight etc.
I encourage all V13 owners and buyers to ask, especially if it's via one of the many seller types which only offer manufacturer warranty.

• Like 1

I believe BG also extended the warranty on batch1 Master and perhaps T4 to two years. The gold KS products got an extended warranty as well, but that was from the start and not a change.

41 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I believe BG also extended the warranty on batch1 Master and perhaps T4 to two years. The gold KS products got an extended warranty as well, but that was from the start and not a change.

It would be good to check their statement as well to see if there are any limitations.

21 minutes ago, supercurio said:

It would be good to check their statement as well to see if there are any limitations.

yeah, the statement I saw was a screenshot of an announcement made on a meta property (second or third hand info)—I personally have seen nothing preserved on dead trees

• Like 1

And then it's the actual process of claiming warranty, the manufacturers will be squirming like worms and say it's customers fault and not covered by warranty. 😅

I'm half serious as this happens a lot unfortunately, many people have to really fight for their warranty claim, a good reseller will take the fight instead of you.

• Upvote 2