EUC World unable to find TpLink HS110

I have tried everything, include manually adding ip address of the TPLiink but nothing ever happens, Is there any possible solution? I am on Android 13, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

7 hours ago, Mauricio said:

I have tried everything, include manually adding ip address of the TPLiink but nothing ever happens, Is there any possible solution? I am on Android 13, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Is your smart plug in the same WiFi network as your phone? Is this a new device or have you used it before with EUCW? You can also send an issue report from the app, so I can investigate the problem.

It's in a different network: "NoT Network" (I have three wifi networks: one for browsing, one for IoT, and one for NoT); however, I've tried connecting my phone to "NoT Network" as well, and that also doesn't work. I will upload logs from the app too. Thanks

EUCW must be in the same network with smart plug. Otherwise it won't work. No routers between, no firewalls etc. EUCW doesn't use any clouds or other intermediary services. Instead it uses direct connection, so both devices has to belong to the same subnet.

But it was the same network configuration that I have had since almost 3 years ago, and before EUC World, it did detect my tplink; since I had a Commander, I did not use it anymore; now I have a S22 and want to use this feature, but it not work again.

Ok, I have located the issue in the 2.30 release. Today I'll send update to a Google Play that fixes this issue. It should be available within next 2-4 days.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/27/2023 at 2:24 PM, Mauricio said:

But it was the same network configuration that I have had since almost 3 years ago, and before EUC World, it did detect my tplink; since I had a Commander, I did not use it anymore; now I have a S22 and want to use this feature, but it not work again.

Please update EUC World to 2.30.1, it should resolve all your problems :) 

I had the same issue, so I wrote a python script ask workaround as I needed the functionality to end the charge correctly on my 16X with the stock charger.
I'll try the update tho thanks @Seba 😌

Here's the script in case anyone would find it useful. It relies on the python-kasa library you can install with pip install python-kasa

kasa-turn-off-below.py

#!/usr/bin/env python3

import sys
import time
import asyncio
from kasa import SmartPlug

async def main():
    min_power = float(sys.argv[1])
    plug = SmartPlug("plug.ip.addr.ess")  # We create the instance inside the main loop
    await plug.turn_on()
    start = time.time()
    while True:
        await plug.update()  # Request an update
        power = plug.emeter_realtime.power
        print("Power:", power, "W")
        elapsed = time.time() - start
        if elapsed > 5 and power > 0 and power < min_power:
            print("Below min power, turn off")
            break

await asyncio.sleep(1)  # Sleep some time between updates
    await plug.turn_off()

if __name__ == "__main__":
    asyncio.run(main())%

How to use: set your HS110 local network IP address to replace "plug.ip.addr.ess", and run as:

kasa-turn-off-below.py 10

It will shut off the charger when it's drawing less than 10 watts.
On my 16X, if I let it run longer, it'll typically drop to slightly above 9W and then 1.5W, then the board disconnects the charger but then starts to phantom drain from the battery, never shutting off - a bug KS still didn't fix.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Seba said:

Please update EUC World to 2.30.1, it should resolve all your problems :) 

Updated. Confirm it is working properly now!

Thanks