WEPED Sonic "scooter" is ginormous

BKW

I know nothing about WEPED, but I think this is mostly a novelty scooter for extreme enthusiasts? I gather this as at the end the operator states it was "developed and requested by an American user WEPED Sonic".

This reminds me of one of my favorite TV shows of all time American Choppers, especially how it seems to be custom-built with an individual customer in mind.

Edited by BKW

10 hours ago, BKW said:

I know nothing about WEPED, but I think this is mostly a novelty scooter for extreme enthusiasts? I gather this as at the end the operator states it was "developed and requested by an American user WEPED Sonic".

This reminds me of one of my favorite TV shows of all time American Choppers, especially how it seems to be custom-built with an individual customer in mind.

There is a local dealer here for Wepeds and they took the time to show me the many quirks of the scooter a year ago. The amount of screws holding it together is crazy and would make me nervous as an owner. Coupled with the fact that replacement parts are hard to get (even by the dealer) and the enormous price of the thing, it makes little sense for most people. Most people either opt for a commuter class scooter (Xiaomi M365, Segway Ninebot Max, Generic chinese scooters) or a mid to high level performance scooter (Mantis 10 Pro, Segway GT2, Kaabo Wolf King GT, Vsett 10+) for half of what a Weped costs. I came from the e-scooter world before I ended up here so I know a little bit about them.

Edited by Clem604