How to stop people from connecting to my v12 and playing music on it?

rolis

The title is quite self explanatory. There were a few instances where this happened and while its a great prank, it can be quite uncomfortable because of the loud speaker 😅.

So is there any chance of password-locking or turning off the possibility to connect to the speaker?

Edited by rolis
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rolis said:

Yes thats great, but not when you want to do anything else on your phone when traveling 

Why can't you do other things on your phone as well?  On my RS I run EUC World connected to the RS, I can also connect to GW Music for playing music (a second bluetooth connection to the wheel, it obviously has 2 BT controllers) and I have brought up Google Maps as well.  What can't you do at the same time as having the BT connection for music?

Apart from that, I'm curious about whether there is an answer to the original question too.  I usually connect to a JBL portable speaker (Flip 6 or Charge 5) for music (much better than anything I've seen on an EUC) and that would leave the wheel BT available for connection.

I feel stupid that I didnt think of this. There was this suggestion: 

“On most phones you can connect to multiple Bluetooth audio devices and just use one for audio output. And they usually remember which one is the one you prefer to use. On iPhone you tap that icon and a list of all available audio devices appears, and you select which one you want to use“

FC534573-6224-45D5-8043-D951A5E8DF8E.thumb.jpeg.80ce791c25e55901c649b3211d60b9c7.jpeg

and from there I can choose between devices and if I want to use just my phone and no bluetooth speaker, I can do that.B9642BCC-396D-4D75-A79D-3667FE7332FC.thumb.png.8cd18a43c14604ef7f51e013df1c6c45.png

well, someone has to ask the stupid questions 😬 this time it was me

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/13/2023 at 3:23 PM, rolis said:

I feel stupid that I didnt think of this. There was this suggestion: 

“On most phones you can connect to multiple Bluetooth audio devices and just use one for audio output. And they usually remember which one is the one you prefer to use. On iPhone you tap that icon and a list of all available audio devices appears, and you select which one you want to use“

FC534573-6224-45D5-8043-D951A5E8DF8E.thumb.jpeg.80ce791c25e55901c649b3211d60b9c7.jpeg

and from there I can choose between devices and if I want to use just my phone and no bluetooth speaker, I can do that.B9642BCC-396D-4D75-A79D-3667FE7332FC.thumb.png.8cd18a43c14604ef7f51e013df1c6c45.png

well, someone has to ask the stupid questions 😬 this time it was me

I didn’t know this either. Thanks for the post.