Light 'em up...

Cerbera

Took a punt on some cheap Chinese lights off Amazon, and have been a bit blown away TBH ! Got lucky twice !

Firstly this little set of front and back lights...

image.png.a2cf6f53d2b9a1b8c97e1c6280b5aae3.png

These are unbelievably bright - seriously - almost CAR levels ! the headlamp works very well alone, but as an addition to the Master's wide / high beam it fills in the diffuse centre in really very usable way, adding a lot of extra, centre-focused brightness there, and can be angled so it doesn't blind pedestrians and drivers alike, unlike the stock lights, which won't go low enough to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic (and definitely not if you have a Master and the Grizzla front bumper  !).

These have small, compact, robust little metal bodies, claim to be fully waterproof (yet to be tested), and come with the latching rubber straps we often see with lights like these... if you have the Grizzla pads Master Front and rear bumpers like I do then the size and position of these make perfect anchor points for the stretchy rubber bands, although we do have to stretch them quite tight as those fittings are very wide and tall, and yet they cope with it in the initial tests, and it is easy to take them on and off for charging.

You long press to turn them on and off, they recharge via included USB A-C cable, and they do remember the last mode you had them in.

Battery life looks to be over 5 hours in initial tests.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, because it's xmas, some New Year's unimportant but oh-so-satisfying pointless bling... file under 'presents for self'.

THESE are AMAZING !! :) :) :)

image.png.b8225f9d75f7f49b9338aea468b14914.png

26 quid for a set of 2, but in all honesty one is enough for EUC. REALLY bright lasers ! And even brighter LEDs, with range of cool flash modes and knight-rider stylee scrolling business - very nice :) Charge nice and quick too - under an hour.

I have 2 of these (comes in 1 or 2 pack variation, 2 being much better value) mounted either side of the rear light above gives a really VERY pleasing effect - there is literally NONE chance that people won't see you at night riding with this combo - it's quite something to behold, and I definitely feel like I'm in Tron while out night riding.

These ones come with the shortest USB A-mini C cable ever seen (literally 3 cm !) but they charge quick, seem functional and solid, and are nicely built. Only downer is that OFF is one of the modes, so they don't remember your favourite or last setting, you have to scroll to it every time, which is only a couple of presses on each side of the unit. And indeed we have laser control on one side, and LED control on the other - both nice feeling clicky buttons that cycle through the modes for each component.

These 2 also mount on rubber click-in bands, and also fit the Grizzla rear and front bumpers on the master. And you should find a way to use them somehow with your wheels, because they contain a fixing with a firm range of rotational clicks that let you specifically direct where the lasers go, and allow you to fire them slightly off to the side, which makes sense when 2 of them are used in conjunction with the centre brake light from above. You can angle them relative to each other to get some unique geometric patterns on the ground, and I was able to find ones I liked with both mounted on the back but out slightly, which gives you interlaced hexagons, OR with one at front and back where we get the intersecting diamonds shown above. 

Oh - one more downside - everyone you see at night stops and stares, and nobody can work out what exactly you are, but they sure as hell move out of your way when you get near them ! :)

Basically, it's just about the coolest thing I have ever seen on an EUC (as far as unnecessary tat goes), and I find myself a dithyrambic little boy at Xmas all over again, for under 40 quid delivered ! And from Amazon too, so no silly 6 week waits for delivery either. 

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

Wow - surely there isn't anything that the UK can get that Europe can't ?!!

If you wanna search the lasers up, the brand is LEADBIKE, Model Number LD51 and called Polyline Tail light.

The other set you might have to find via image search; whoever made those hasn't owned up to it anywhere on the box !

• Like 1