Begode sued Leaperkim?

RagingGrandpa

Interesting that Begode apparently owns the Shane Chen patent, not sure what the implications of that are, is every company paying Begode money for every unit sold, or should they be and they're not?

On pads specifically It's somewhat baffling that the idea of attaching padding to where someone's leg contacts something hard could be considered sufficiently unique and innovative to be protected. I guess if there was a specific design that was copied for use on the Sherman but doesn't seem likely.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

6B4806DA-4472-43BD-AF06-907BAD3994EC.thumb.jpeg.b50a2360f1ae70223c466958aa23f91d.jpeg

So… It was about pads. A lawsuit, about the pads. I thought only Americans have lawsuits as crucial and important as this.

Sounds like Veteran wheels will keep on coming just as they were before.

The picture below is from facebook, was later deleted.  I don't understand how (or if) these two "statements" concerns the same sentencing.  Above only mentions "pads"  - the clip below mentions "Stop the manufacturing and selling the infringing products ....  "(with an "s" in the end = plural = more than one product ? )   "and the name of "Electric unicycle" ..     as i read it, it is both a ban on anything that might conflict with the patent (and having read this: https://patents.google.com/patent/CN102275621B/en?oq=CN+201110089122  its not only "pads" ) as well as on the marketing of a product under the name Electric Unicycle.

Am i wrong ??

begode-lawsuit2.jpg

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, No1up said:

Chinese companies mad that other Chinese companies are steeling their intellectual property that they probably stole... Imagine that. 😂 

Perhaps its more family in-fighting than anything else. I suspect Begode just want Veteran gone. Maybe it has do with bad blood over the split.

It is not like Begode vs Kingsong, nor Begode vs Inmotion.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2022 at 4:53 PM, No1up said:

Chinese companies mad that other Chinese companies are steeling their intellectual property that they probably stole... Imagine that. 😂 

Lol I came here to write this but someone got ahead of me. 100% on this comment. 

• 6 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 4:25 PM, Seba said:

I'm sure most of you are unaware of the fact that King Song wheels have actually been produced by at least three different companies over the last few years:

1. Shenzen Kingsong Sports Equipment Co., Ltd
  2. Shenzen Kingsong Technology Co., Ltd
  3. Kingsong Intell Co., Ltd

I can only guess that all of these companies had the same owners, and probably the same employees, etc.

Guangzhou Veteran Intelligent Technology is a limited liability company. It is the one that is bound by the court ruling, not its owners. The owners of this company can now set up another company, such as Guangzhou Veteran Sports Technology (or whatever), which will produce wheels under the LeaperKim brand. Begode will probably sue the new company, but reaching a verdict will take some time, so the new company will be able to continue to operate as before.

thanks for your interest in Kingsong @Seba,

there is only one Kingsong company ,

but people translate it into different English names.

• Like 1