Adjusting output voltage on 84v Gotway/Begode original SEALED charger, anyone?

alcatraz

Hey fellow riders

Has anyone attempted to adjust an original charger? I've got a couple and one charges to 82-83v, and not the full voltage. I was thinking of adjusting it instead of discarding it.

Has anyone opened an 84v charger and looked inside? Maybe even found a POT to adjust?

They're slow chargers I know, but my packs aren't huge so charging time isn't awful. They're nice and small/lightweight/quiet. Good for keeping a spare at a place you often visit etc.

I feel it's the same as the Inmotion v8 charger, but with another sticker. I wonder how to break it open without destroying it.

Thanks for reading/commenting.

Edited by alcatraz

I would imagine there is definitely a pot inside, worth a go! I don't think you will get it open without carefully going round the perimeter with a Dremel, or at least thats what I would do. Would need gluing/wrapping with insulating tape afterwards but if it's just a spare charger to leave around who cares :)

• Thanks 1

Just opened it and found a pot. I was surprised at how many turns it needed just to change 0.1v higher or lower. 

My problem was something else though. After opening it up and basically just looking around the voltage came back to 84v instead of 82v. So probably this charger is on its way out. I'm charging the wheel with it now and we'll see if I can reach a full charge.

It was easy to open the charger. There wasn't any glue or safety screws. Just pop off the rubber feet to expose the screw heads.

• Like 1