Bargain Hunters: Inmotion V13 Cheapest Price From Aliexpress Alibaba Dhgate & Elsewhere

LowFlyingSquirrel

Hello,

This thread is to help people find the best price for the Inmotion V13 from any store.

Let us know about your deal!

• Where did you buy it from?
  • Did you negotiate a better price? How much?
  • Your region
  • Other coupons or methods you used to save more money

Deals so far:
@Lets Do Science Aliexpress 3999 3700 US

Edited by LowFlyingSquirrel
Update deals

On 9/26/2022 at 1:00 AM, Lets Do Science said:

I paid $3700 flat for my v13 preorder from Alie (via PayPal), all customs and shipping included. $300 isn't a huge savings but I know I'll be receiving my individual wheel well before the us sellers who are managing large container purchases. 

@Lets Do Science Could you tell us more about that? Thank you!

On 11/13/2022 at 5:03 AM, LowFlyingSquirrel said:

Could you tell us more about that? 

Alie retailer will offer different pricing options depending on how you choose to pay (all cheaper than retail), direct via alie express was the most expensive and alibaba was the cheapest i believe. I offered $3700 paypal good and services (buyer protected) and they accepted. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Just fyi, ali will charge tax, sometime shipping, and there’s a chance import fees will be slapped on during customs. On top of that, don’t expect any after sales support if something’s wrong; the return shipping will be something you’re expected to pay, and it can be ludicrously priced.

eWheels doesn’t charge tax or shipping. The price they list is out the door. This makes their prices competitive with many of the cheapo ali sellers. I’d go with them. 

There is a lot of nonsense here btw. My friend has bought a Master and T4 from this Alie seller, they have been excellent in after sales support extending a 2yr warranty for being an early batch buyer for the Master and sending an additional tire + kickstand for his T4 at no cost. There will be no additional shipping or custom fee's with my preorder, confirmed in writing by the seller. Buying from US sellers is a waste of money and i won't do it again. If our wheels are down, in reality, we are repairing these things ourselves so why not save some money when the legit Chinese shops will give better prices, ship new wheels earlier and will offer the after sale parts just the same? 

Screenshot_20221116-113556.png

Edited by Lets Do Science

6 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

There is a lot of nonsense here btw.

Not a great way to start a dialogue.

13 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

Buying from US sellers is a waste of money and i won't do it again. If our wheels are down, in reality, we are repairing these things ourselves so why not save some money when the legit Chinese shops will give better prices, ship new wheels earlier and will offer the after sale parts just the same? 

1) Ali and other sellers charge tax. Ewheels doesn’t, not even sales tax. I’m in California, state tax is just under 10%. That makes a lot of the wheels on Ali the same price as eWheels. 

2) Maybe if you didn’t buy your wheel from the other side of the planet you’d have the option of not needing to do you own repairs. 

• Like 1

I agree @Lets Do Science. Though if your country has really good consumer protection laws then the premium is worth considering (as it should apply to overseas traders, but that would be harder to enforce). For example New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act requires goods to be of an Acceptable Quality, this is further defined as "safe and durable". Therefor you could make a successful claim after 3 years, or even 10 years as seen in come cases. Afraik Australia has similar.

Edited by LowFlyingSquirrel

1 hour ago, Denny Paul said:

1) Ali and other sellers charge tax. Ewheels doesn’t, not even sales tax. I’m in California, state tax is just under 10%. That makes a lot of the wheels on Ali the same price as eWheels. 

Correct, do not transfer funds through Alie. DM the shop, negotiate with paypal and no tax or customs will be charged. 

1 hour ago, Denny Paul said:

2) Maybe if you didn’t buy your wheel from the other side of the planet you’d have the option of not needing to do you own repairs. 

Unless you're local to the shop, you're paying ~$200 for shipping the wheel to/from and likely waiting at least a month for that understaffed repair team to get it done. This is why most of us DIY the repairs with the shops sending out the parts free of charge, which is not unique to US sellers. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

Correct, do not transfer funds through Alie. DM the shop, negotiate with paypal and no tax or customs will be charged. 

If you do that, are you not cutting out Ali Express, and buying directly from the vendor?

If so, then wouldn't you be losing the protection from Ali Express, and solely relying on PayPal for protection? 

If this is the case, I can understand that you would be comfortable doing so if you know you can trust the seller. But what about the vendors that you don't know, true for first time buyers.

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, LowFlyingSquirrel said:

I agree @Lets Do Science. Though if your country has really good consumer protection laws then the premium is worth considering (as it should apply to overseas traders, but that would be harder to enforce). For example New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act requires goods to be of an Acceptable Quality, this is further defined as "safe and durable". Therefor you could make a successful claim after 3 years, or even 10 years as seen in come cases. Afraik Australia has similar.

lol, "New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act" - have you ever used that successfully on an overseas transaction?

7 minutes ago, litewave said:

lol, "New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act" - have you ever used that successfully on an overseas transaction?

Yeah I wouldn't count on it lol and it wasn't my point either.. but it's not like disputes don't get settled in China. This is wild, and I wouldn't recommend it but Google china debt hostage. The police in china don't get involved.

14 minutes ago, litewave said:

If it's a serious question, i imagine you could go through the courts and be granted relief, but the hard part might be enforcing it. Would be interesting to find past cases of a similar nature, they shoulld be all available online

I seriously doubt the registrar at the Disputes Tribunal would accept a complaint against a foreign entity [edit: with no ties to New Zealand]. Otherwise, you'll be paying (many) thousands of dollars to a kiwi solicitor to represent you if you go to District Court. You also need to serve the seller. Good luck with all that. Maybe @The Fat Unicyclist has experience on this topic, since he is a reseller of wheels and accessories now.

Edited by litewave

I was recently reading from .govt.nz site that you can. Yes, no lawyers allowed at the Disputes Tribunal, costs 50 to less than 200 NZD. Legally binding. It's good for consumers. You wouldn't go to district court unless the claim was larger than 30,000. You can bring claims against the trader, manufacturer, importer or distributor. 

6 minutes ago, LowFlyingSquirrel said:

I was recently reading from .govt.nz site that you can. Yes, no lawyers allowed at the Disputes Tribunal, costs 50 to less than 200 NZD. Legally binding. It's good for consumers. You wouldn't go to district court unless the claim was larger than 30,000. You can bring claims against the trader, manufacturer, importer or distributor. 

You have to serve the other party. The Tribunal *might* allow you to use email as substituted service, but if the other party doesn't respond, I think you would be sol.

I won a judgment in a Tribunal once for thousands of dollars but could not get the registrar to enforce it. The statute of limitations is only two years iirc.

Edit: oh yeah, I spent weeks preparing the case and appearing at the local court, all for a symbolic victory.

YMMV.

Edited by litewave

26 minutes ago, LowFlyingSquirrel said:

@Punxatawneyjoe is that a joke? are you sure thats not a scam..

Yeah, its from that ali express site. I wouldn't trust it. But i have never bought anything from them. It's pretty outrageous considering they haven't even released it yet and it says 2 in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

17 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

So far my options (including tax and shipping) are Sherman S for $3200, Commander Pro for $3000 (both from GTKing), or the V13 for $3300 (can't name source). Looking at the prices this way, the V13 is a no brainer especially with the added build quality, safety, and water resistance.

5 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Likewise here. Aliexpress seller said the same, the wheel should be here well before those who purchased them from distributors in the US. I will make some posts regarding the top speed, range, construction, etc. Hell maybe I will just make a youtube video.

@Unicycle Santa Hey man, is it ok if I write about your deal here? (I can will delete this post if you prefer).