V8 charging issue

LazyLightning

Had this V8 for a long time with no issues, but now, when i plug in the charging cable the wheel turns itself on! Since it is on a stand, it spins fast and the shuts itself off. Then it won't charge (though one time it did go into charging mode after the wheel turned off).

Wondering if there is some kind of reset i can do, or if some board needs changing out?

• 2 months later...

The problem i'm still having is that plugging in the power cable turns the V8 on, instead of charging it. the electronics seem confused...

i tried doing a "reset" by unplugging the battery. it did not fix the issue, plus i don't think it really did a "hard reset" since all my custom settings were still there in the Inmotion app (I assume the app reads the wheels settings and not the other way around).

Does anyone know a way to really do a hard reset to the V8 electronics?

I have read that people seem to get a reset-like result from holding the power button for at least 30 seconds... and they might have the wheel on its side as well. I'd try a very very very long hold to see if that does anything. Total guess, but worth a try?

If you don't have the wheel in its stand and you plug in the charger—will it charge then? (not being in the stand to prevent it spinning up).

• Like 1