V11 main board idle temp high! Help

Celt26

Hey guys so I just got a new V11 and the main board is idling at 52c while it's just sitting against the wall which doesn't seem right at all. My old V11 I don't remember getting nearly that hot while just sitting.

What're you guys getting? Is this normal??

4 hours ago, ElectronxCycles said:

Upload log then email InMotion screenshots etc they may setup a remote calibration or send you a new PCB

What do you mean by calibration? Like a regular wheel calibration?

I don't think Inmotion can remote calibrate other than the wheel's voltage measurement system.

I don't know what's going on with the high temperature though. What is the temperature if you put the cooled down and powered off wheel in the charger, and then connect to the app and check the temperature?

15 hours ago, Celt26 said:

What do you mean by calibration? Like a regular wheel calibration?

Did you hear back from InMotion? If so what did they say? They're the ones that could take a closer look at your log  and do the calibration etc

7 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

Did you hear back from InMotion? If so what did they say? They're the ones that could take a closer look at your log  and do the calibration etc

Yeah So I did and I sent them logs. They say it looks like I need to replace the board.......Brand new wheel not even a mile on it. It was to replace an older V11 I could that had minor issues :/. I'm gonna see if they'll just swap me out another...Really wish they could catch these things before sending out wheels.

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I don't think Inmotion can remote calibrate other than the wheel's voltage measurement system.

I don't know what's going on with the high temperature though. What is the temperature if you put the cooled down and powered off wheel in the charger, and then connect to the app and check the temperature?

It would start out normal like 80f or around there but it just rises FAST. I tested it last night and in 20mins it went up like 50f. Definitely something wonky. 
God most people on Facebook are so useless it's a HUGE difference in quality of answers there vs here. Most people that comment on my post somehow manage to not even answer my simple questions............

1 hour ago, Celt26 said:

It would start out normal like 80f

This suggests that the temperature reading itself is correct.

1 hour ago, Celt26 said:

I tested it last night and in 20mins it went up like 50f. Definitely something wonky.

Agree, the wheel's not ok.

1 hour ago, Celt26 said:

God most people on Facebook are so useless it's a HUGE difference in quality of answers there vs here. Most people that comment on my post somehow manage to not even answer my simple questions............

Yes, well, this is sort of a life lesson right here... Facebook very roughly represents the average human population of a relatively young range of age, hence the comments do too. To not be pulled down to their standards or not to loose your $h!t completely, stay off of it. Stay far, far off!