V12 charging with chargers other than the original

Pingouin

Hello guys,

I've recently contacted Inmotion about charging with other chargers than the stock 2.3A charger, because mine is fried.
Inmotion told me its best not to use any other charger than stock, I know if seems a little dumb but what are your thoughts about that ?
I would like to charge it with a 5A charger instead of the stock charger if possible all the time (it would mean a full charge in 3.5h), do you think Inmotion is just over cautious or are they right in saying not to use anything other than than the stock charger ?
Is the stock charger any different from an original 3A "Begode" charger exept from the voltage, form factor and being fanless ?

Thank you :)

20 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Hello guys,

I've recently contacted Inmotion about charging with other chargers than the stock 2.3A charger, because mine is fried.
Inmotion told me its best not to use any other charger than stock, I know if seems a little dumb but what are your thoughts about that ?
I would like to charge it with a 5A charger instead of the stock charger if possible all the time (it would mean a full charge in 3.5h), do you think Inmotion is just over cautious or are they right in saying not to use anything other than than the stock charger ?
Is the stock charger any different from an original 3A "Begode" charger exept from the voltage, form factor and being fanless ?

Take a look at this:

https://eunicycles.eu/en/heavy-weight-above-26kg/269-inmotion-v12.html#/92-charger-smart_5a_500w

here you can buy the V12 with 3 different charger options.  And i can say for sure, that they know what they are selling (doing) :) ( i personally only have good experiences with eunicycles.eu )  The smart charger they sell is pretty smart; you can connect to the charger via wifi and monitor the charging progress from remote.  I dont see any problem in using "non stock" chargers on the V12.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Hello guys,

https://www.rodalistrik.com/product/100v-8a-euc-fast-charger

I have been using this 8A charger for months. All good so far. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Using a different charger than the stock one should be no problem as long as you have the correct voltage. Chargers for li-ion batteries are very simple things, they are basically just a voltage supply with an inbuilt  current limiter. They are not nearly as complex as NiCd or NiMH battery chargers.

If you buy a charger for an Inmotion wheel make sure the plug is the correct one - I bought a Chinese charger on amazon with a plug that appeared to be the correct one in the pictures, but turned out to be a GX16-3 plug (16mm diameter) instead of the required GX12-3 plug. I had to build and solder my own adapter which was a surprisingly massive pain in the behind, especially consindering the fact that you will most likely fry the charger as well as the main board in the EUC if you make a mistake.