Gloves with wrist guards and knuckle protection

Robse

1 hour ago, SamSuffit said:

There is also gyroriderz gloves (quite popular in France)

Indeed, a popular choice and perhaps the only one marketed to EUC riders specifically. However, they are quite pricey for their quality (by their apparent performance, style, comfort I would personally buy them at 40€, not more. For their actual 80€ price you can get the wrist guard part (9€ at decathlon) and a very good motorcycle glove to fit under)

• 2 weeks later...

No no, scaphoid bone is one of the carpal bones on the thumb side of the wrist, just above the radius. It IS good to protect that obviously, but these gloves seem to lack the strong bar that passes from hand to wrist that prevents hyperextension, which is something bikers don't have to worry about that much, but is the main thing that is crucially important for us as we go 'scorpion-ing' over our hands in a lot of crashes...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 1:30 PM, Vanturion said:

Somewhat related, I always cringe hard when I see in videos people wearing finger-less gloves. Especially riding on the road! Got some quality finger damage on my first trip to the pavement early on and learned quick how to not buy shitty gloves as finger-tip injuries are acutely annoying.

Specifically I look for ones that has the rubber or plastic features that carry on the backs of the fingers up to the finger tip. Always trade-offs between comfort and protection though.

It can be hard to find the right sacrificial jacket to fit over the flex-meters too. Like @Aztek said, I look for ones that unbutton or unzip up to the elbows. I thought I'd be clever and order a couple army surplus jackets online (ebay) that looked like they'd fit the bill. The fit was atrocious, couldn't be seen in public with either of them LOL. Won't try finding a Flexmeter-compatible jacket that way again.

Yeah... I couldn't find gloves that would fit over my Demon Flexmeter. And I was always the last one still armoring up.

My motorcycle gear were in great condition from years of riding. After a couple of months on the EUC, my motorcycle jacket is torn at the shoulder blades, my motorcycle gloves, plastic knuckle piece has been grind down .4 inches. Crazy how much you really need protective gear in this hobby.

Edited by DragonFZ
grammar
  • Like 1

Not one single piece, but I always wear a combination of moto/mtb gloves and hard plastic palm/wrist guards which does the trick.

For gloves, I've got several pairs from Troy Lee Designs. Their Gambit gloves have D3O padding along the knuckles and faux-leather lining along the palm and fingers (which performs and feels great the several times I've had to catch myself from falling over on pavement) with touch-screen compatible forefinger and thumb tips and are very comfortable with their inner fleece lining. 

And for wrist guards I'll wear these cheap ones included with wheel purchases from eWheels when I'm running quick errands at lower speeds or the Demon Flexmeters when I'm going on longer rides at higher speeds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I use Knox Urbane Pro which have good sliders on the palm but lack wrist guards. So 

I removed the wrist protection from a pair of EVS Wristers and it slips perfectly under the knuckle protection on the Knox. Seems to work the same as it does when on the Wristers but fortunately haven’t had to see in practice.

• Like 3